Senior Manager, Product Management
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Product Management
- Job Function Product Management
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition R-1717533
What you'll do...
As a Senior Manager, Horizontal Business Product Manager- E2E, you will oversee and coordinate cross-functional teams consisting of product managers, business experts, operations leaders, designers, and technologists across the Walmart US organization. You will help develop, implement and execute business capabilities, processes, and products horizontally throughout the organization to deliver significant value to our business and provide excellent experiences for our customers. This role requires expertise in core retail operations, product management, design principles, and technology implementation to address complex problems affecting various organizational segments. In this role, you will provide overall guidance to business, product, technology, and design partners by analyzing business objectives and customer needs while balancing short-term requirements with long-term goals. This involves identifying necessary business capabilities, translating them into technology requirements, and coordinating horizontally across the organization to prioritize technology development, testing, and deployment, all to deliver quantifiable business value in line with company strategy.
As a Senior Manager, you will be responsible for the end-to-end product viability among business stakeholders, including scientists, regulators, community leaders, operations associates, and customers who use, interact with, and analyze the data generated by our networks. You will help establish and execute product and business roadmaps, develop technology, process, and people functions into products with solid business justification, and create features and experiences that maximize user satisfaction. Once products are launched, you will monitor their efficacy and use customer and business partner feedback to ensure products meet the needs of each customer segment, adjusting as needed to achieve desired outcomes.
You will be to provide leadership and strategic direction to your team while collaborating with cross-functional partners across the organization. Your focus will be on overseeing the development and implementation of initiatives that drive business growth, customer satisfaction, and operational efficiency. This Senior Manager will need to be skilled at engaging and communicating with senior executives across multiple domains, as well as engaging at a detailed level across the business, product management, data science and engineering teams.
What you’ll do….
- Embed capabilities across the Walmart US organization, starting with our functions that pick-up goods anywhere in the world and through to our customers’ fridge – and everywhere in between
- Support product management efforts for intelligence technology which allows for centralized strategic managing connected to our end-to-end fulfillment execution intelligence
- Establishing a coherent and comprehensive product vision for the products by partnering with Operations, data science and segment leaders to understand and create relevant customer personas, perform user research and establish a deep understanding of the problem space. Build out the needed horizontal capabilities within intelligence technology and efficiently use within the organization
- Strategic Planning and Execution: Develop and implement strategic plans and initiatives that align with the organization's goals and objectives. Define proposals and hypotheses to solve pain points for associates and customers. Evaluate and prioritize projects based on their potential impact on business growth, customer satisfaction, and operational efficiency. Drive tangible business outcomes and measurable product features for associates and customers
- Building product requirement documents, end to end connected roadmaps and an agile execution plan based on rigorous prioritization and using relevant prioritization frameworks
- Partnering with user experience designers to create a cohesive user journey
- Partnering with data engineering, application engineering to define architecture and create scalable solutions
- Delivering solutions that create an end-to-end impact of giving a comprehensive connected visibility of inputs and outputs across execution and planning engines and sending directives to these engines for harmonized execution
- Cross-functional Collaboration: Build and maintain strong relationships with partners across various departments, such as business, product, finance, and operations, to ensure seamless collaboration and alignment on key initiatives. Facilitate communication and information sharing to drive efficiency and effectiveness across the organization
- Risk Management: Identify and mitigate potential risks associated with projects and initiatives, ensuring appropriate contingency plans are in place. To excel in this role, you should possess strong leadership skills, excellent communication and interpersonal abilities, and a deep understanding of business strategy and operations. Your focus will be on driving the success of your team and the organization, with an emphasis on continuous improvement, collaboration, and delivering value to stakeholders.
You’ll make an impact by…
- Creating product strategy – Develop roadmap for key initiatives and advocate for features for End-to-End fulfillment operations
- Driving end to end ownership – Manage applicable system solutions for new features and ensure end to end ownership of solutions by working with relevant cross-functional groups including Data science and engineering teams.
- Leading product initiatives – Ensure critical business issues and core product strategies are addressed in product decisions; drive process changes based on feedback; drive resource allocation decisions; and set the standard for Product Manager deliverables.
- Working cross-functionally and across multiple locations – Communication, collaboration, and organization are key to your success. Work with cross-functional teams to translate the product strategy into a product roadmap and engineering sprints.
- Building – Take features from ideation / exploration with customers to full launch and rollout, including marketing plan and field enablement.
- Moving fast – Work in an agile and iterative team environment.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if…
- You have an analytical mindset and a strong understanding of data products and AI/ML techniques. You use data to drive decisions and outcomes.
- You have exposure of working in ecommerce/retail
- You understand importance of standardized API based ‘as a service’ platforms
- You have strong product skills (not limited to but including discovery, backlog curation, persistent prioritization, road mapping, shepherding builds, collaboration with engineering, data scientists, and ownership of key business outcomes).
- You demonstrate being able to communicate horizontally and vertically across many stakeholders.
- You have shown an ability to build relationships and influence without authority
- You obsess over your customers and associates and develop solutions that delight them.
- You’re comfortable working with software engineers to develop scalable solutions.
- You’re skilled at engaging and communicating with senior executives across multiple domains.
- You engage at a detailed level across key stakeholders.
- You are comfortable dealing with ambiguity.
- You’re organized, disciplined, and can manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- You’re stimulated by challenges and are ready to engage at Fortune 1 scale.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related area and 9 years’ experience in product management. Option 2: 11 years’ experience in product management or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration, or related area and 8 years’ experience as a product manager, ideally working on consumer-facing, large-scale, highly complex B2B/C products, Supervisory experience Masters: Business Administration, Masters: Computer Engineering, Masters: Computer Science
Primary Location...702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.