(USA) Product Manager III
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Product Management
- Job Function Product Management
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition R-1707704
What you'll do...
Walmart Global Tech Platform is looking for a Product Manager for our 3P Data Product Team whose mission is to focus on managing and delivering world-class data assets, including accelerating acquisition, enabling and maintaining data standards, driving policy compliance, creating partnerships, and developing pipelines and self-service tools.
We empower our business to leverage data to fuel growth, driving revenue in our core and building new business model opportunities. We protect customer, associate, and partner data, ensuring privacy and security when collecting and using data. You'll be part of a team to work closely with 3P data domain product managers and data engineers and drive change through disruption while maintaining a respect for the team.
What you'll do:
- Assess 3P data catalog and identify where data sets are overlapped or opportunities to create and enhance data sets.
- Work with business domains to understand data needs, and create requirements for data engineers to ingest data into data tables
- Monitor and produce reports on data usage to inform long-term acquisition strategy
- Cultivate and manage partnerships with new and existing data partners such as those subscription data providers
- Curate documentation and update 3rd party data inventory for enterprise use
- Help to process 3P owned data contracts and work with Procurement to execute
- Develop KPIs to measure data capabilities, data qualities, and data usage
- Support Global Tech Platform PMO on 3P reporting, which involves working with Jira to ensure initiatives are properly captured and defined
- Anticipate critical business issues and identify ways new data sources and uses can help address those needs
- Work with end users of the data to understand how current data is used and identify ways to enhance current products with new data
What you'll bring:
- 5-7 years of experience enabling organizations to leverage internal/external data sources; experience working with and managing 3rd party vendors a plus
- Self-directed, well organized and have good follow-up skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills
- Proven ability to drive results, especially in a matrixed or influence based environment
- Strong relationship building skills, coupled with high business acumen
- Driven to work with the teams to dig into data, processes, and issue
About Walmart Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of software engineers, data scientists, cybersecurity expert's and service professionals within the world’s leading retailer who make an epic impact and are at the forefront of the next retail disruption.
People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. We are people-led and tech-empowered. We train our team in the skillsets of the future and bring in experts like you to help us grow. We have roles for those chasing their first opportunity as well as those looking for the opportunity that will define their career. Here, you can kickstart a great career in tech, gain new skills and experience for virtually every industry, or leverage your expertise to innovate at scale, impact millions and reimagine the future of retail.
Flexible, hybrid work:
We use a hybrid way of working that is primarily in office coupled with virtual when not onsite. Our campuses serve as a hub to enhance collaboration, bring us together for purpose and deliver on business needs. This approach helps us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team and be more flexible in our personal lives.
Benefits: Beyond our great compensation package, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related area and 3 years’ experience in product management. Option 2: 5 years’ experience in product management or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration, or related area and 2 years’ experience as a product manager, ideally working on consumer-facing, large-scale, highly complex B2B/C products Masters: Business Administration, Masters: Computer Engineering, Masters: Computer Science
Primary Location...PHYLLIS ST. N OF HWY 102, WEST SIDE OF STREET, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.