(USA) Senior Manager, Product Management - Digital Identity
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Career Area Product Management
- Job Function Product Management
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition R-1700948
What you'll do...
This associate will support and connect the dots across identity collection and usage across our broad portfolio of shopping and services journeys, and the the primary owner for the end-to-end product strategy and roadmap for customer experiences of in-store identity usage.
Additionally, as a people leader, you will manage and support the product team building ways to enable customers to identify themselves across in-store shopping and services customer journeys.
Data Driven Product Decisions:
- Product and feature analytics; Data analysis tools and techniques; Research for analysis activities; Documentation procedures (for example, data logs); Modern industry practices and emerging trends.
- To independently (or with minimal guidance) conduct activities for product/feature analytics with an understanding of simple trends/insights. Monitors, collects, and structures data and evaluates result. Supports the identification and application of tools and techniques. Assists in the planning, design, and implementation of exploratory data analysis.
Driving Customer/ Client Needs:
- Customer and business problems; Design thinking; Dependencies and impacts on product processes/ways of working; Journey mapping; Process optimization; Communication and influencing techniques.
- To build and maintain consistent relationships with customers and proactively identifies customer needs. Creates scalable processes to gather and analyze customer experiences. Demonstrates a deep understanding of customer needs to make decisions. Designs and implements new, barrier-free processes. Coaches team members to improve focus on the customer.
Product Roadmap and Development:
- Product roadmap development techniques; Roadmap presentation; Roadmap features and items; Project management techniques; Modern business practice (for example, Agile methodologies, Scrum); Minimum Viable Product (MVP) creation; Product development lifecycles; Product development concepts (for example, "Crossing the Chasm")
- To develop and own roadmaps across a complex product. Ensures and drives communication for internal and external stakeholders. Interfaces with and influences partners to secure resources and alignment. Mentors team members on product roadmap and development. Establishes product roadmap expectations, performance measures, and goals. Drives alignment of features for a complex product by navigating through organizational/ market constraints. Manages roll out and scaling (using an MVP approach) of complex products/features.
Product Vision and Strategy:
- Problem formulation and solutioning; Hypothesis framing; Business strategies; Business management practices across multiple domains; Customer segments and needs; Domain-specific knowledge; "Go to Market" strategies; Industry, environmental, and economic factors and competitors; Product discovery process, product vision, product strategy and challenges; Rapid prototyping and Lean experimentation methodologies; Concepts of "First Principle," "Whole Product," and "Crossing the Chasm" .
- To own a complex customer problem and/or product requirement/need, as well as upstream and downstream impacts. Builds new ideas and strategies using "Whole Product" concepts. Identifies new/uncharted areas for value creation. Independently articulates problem statements and defines success metrics (for example, key performance indicators). Promotes product strategies and vision to stakeholders. Drives "Go-to-Market" strategies to ensure mass adoption.
Influencing and Building Stakeholder Consensus:
- Verbal/non-verbal behaviors ; Application and allocation of business communication styles/techniques in ambiguous and challenging situations; Situational awareness; Elements of Emotional Intelligence and Influencing Styles; Communication channels/mediums; Interpersonal skills and universal relationship building.
- To communicate in stakeholder meetings involving multiple teams. Conveys complex information and addresses ambiguity for robust technology development. Influences team members and stakeholders with sound recommendations. Independently prepares clear, concise, and logically structured reports/materials. Seeks and provides constructive feedback, anticipates needs/questions, and responds appropriately.
- Competitive technology landscapes; Existing portfolio of enterprise systems, technologies, services, and architecture; Common PaaS and IaaS technologies and environments; Software quality assurance methodologies, tools, processes, and checkpoints; Emerging technology and industry trends; Product and technology innovation.
- To drive business and user acceptance testing for complex products. Manages the adoption of new and emerging technologies. Possesses an understanding of complete systems architecture, services involved, and the database and cloud technologies used. Demonstrates awareness of system architectural principles. Demonstrates awareness of technical topics at a conceptual level, as well as the systems and data that enable major capabilities, and drives innovation.
In-Depth Domain Expertise:
- Domain-specific methodologies, tools, and processes; Domain-specific products; Domain specific best practices; Domain-specific market standards in product/platform architecture
- To demonstrate awareness of various principles, ways of working, and subdomain specific terminologies across multiple subdomains within a domain. Compares the maturity of products, services, and processes across subdomains with others in the industry. Identifies areas of innovation across the subdomains, share potential innovations with the leadership team, and drive initiatives. Recommends new processes, automation opportunities, and ways of working for subdomains.
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning.
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness.
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy.
- Ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost-effectiveness; and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related area and 9 years’ experience in product management. Option 2: 11 years’ experience in product management or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration, or related area and 8 years’ experience as a product manager, ideally working on consumer-facing, large-scale, highly complex B2B/C products, Supervisory experience Masters: Business Administration, Masters: Computer Engineering, Masters: Computer Science
Primary Location...640 W California Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA 94086-4828, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.