(USA) Staff, Product Manager - Digital Identity
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Career Area Product Management
- Job Function Product Management
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition R-1700901
What you'll do...
This associate will define, own and drive the core product strategy and roadmap for a consistent in-app experience to accept and connect customer identity usage across our broad portfolio of in-store shopping services journeys.
Additionally, you will partner with the product teams leading these individual touchpoints to build a consistent, scalable, and delightful experience, enabling our customers to seamlessly identify and transact across our in-store shopping and services offerings.
Data Driven Product Decisions :
- Product and feature analytics; Data analysis tools and techniques; Research for analysis activities; Documentation procedures (for example, data logs); Modern industry practices and emerging trends.
- To independently (or with minimal guidance) conduct activities for product/feature analytics with an understanding of simple trends/insights. Monitors, collects, and structures data and evaluates result. Supports the identification and application of tools and techniques. Assists in the planning, design, and implementation of exploratory data analysis.
Driving Customer/ Client Needs
- Customer and business problems; Design thinking; Dependencies and impacts on product processes/ways of working; Journey mapping; Process optimization; Communication and influencing techniques
- .To research and verify customer needs and expectations. Delivers customer value within the parameters of profitability and other targets. Builds and maintains consistent customer connections and solicits customer feedback. Creates customer journeys and identifies customer touchpoints. Addresses gaps/risks in product experiences. Simplifies and improves processes to drive customer satisfaction
.Product Roadmap and Development
- Product roadmap development techniques; Roadmap presentation; Roadmap features and items; Project management techniques; Modern business practice (for example, Agile methodologies, Scrum); Minimum Viable Product (MVP) creation; Product development lifecycles; Product development concepts (for example, "Crossing the Chasm
- ")To build and own a simple product roadmap with proper phasing. Communicates with cross-functional partners and stakeholders. Explores alternative avenues to identify resources while navigating through organizational constraints and dependencies. Builds stakeholder alignment. Independently (or with minimal guidance) manages backlog/priority tradeoff decisions and communications. Manages product/feature rollouts and scaling (using an MVP approach) and iteratively optimizes the product.
Product Vision and Strategy:
- Problem formulation and solutioning; Hypothesis framing; Business strategies; Business management practices across multiple domains; Customer segments and needs; Domain-specific knowledge; "Go to Market" strategies; Industry, environmental, and economic factors and competitors; Product discovery process, product vision, product strategy and challenges; Rapid prototyping and Lean experimentation methodologies; Concepts of "First Principle," "Whole Product," and "Crossing the Chasm"
- To own a simple customer problem and/or product requirements/needs. Assists in building new ideas/products. Explores new focus areas/unchartered areas for value creation leveraging first principles and develops a long-term vision. Articulates problem statements and hypotheses. Guides team members towards prototypes. Effectively communicates product strategy and vision and the unit economics of a product. Understand the need for "Go-to-Market" strategies and levers for user adoption.
Influencing and Building Stakeholder Consensus:
- Verbal/non-verbal behaviors ; Application and allocation of business communication styles/techniques in ambiguous and challenging situations; Situational awareness; Elements of Emotional Intelligence and Influencing Styles; Communication channels/mediums; Interpersonal skills and universal relationship building
- To communicate in stakeholder meetings involving multiple teams. Conveys complex information and addresses ambiguity for robust technology development. Influences team members and stakeholders with sound recommendations. Independently prepares clear, concise, and logically structured reports/materials. Seeks and provides constructive feedback, anticipates needs/questions, and responds appropriately
- Competitive technology landscapes; Existing portfolio of enterprise systems, technologies, services, and architecture; Common PaaS and IaaS technologies and environments; Software quality assurance methodologies, tools, processes, and checkpoints; Emerging technology and industry trends; Product and technology innovation
- To demonstrate an understanding of InfoSec policies and process. Owns business and user acceptance testing for simple products/features. Independently represents technology requirements and drives technology design outcomes. Demonstrates an understanding of product architecture, services involved, and the database and cloud technologies used. Leverages knowledge of competitor products/services for assigned products. Drives informed discussions with engineering teams and stakeholders to assess feasibility and risks and prioritize efforts, features, and capabilities.
In-Depth Domain Expertise
- Domain-specific methodologies, tools, and processes; Domain-specific products; Domain specific best practices; Domain-specific market standards in product/platform architecture
- To demonstrate awareness of various principles, ways of working, and subdomain specific terminologies across multiple subdomains within a domain. Compares the maturity of products, services, and processes across subdomains with others in the industry. Identifies areas of innovation across the subdomains, share potential innovations with the leadership team, and drive initiatives. Recommends new processes, automation opportunities, and ways of working for subdomains
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy
- Ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost effectiveness; and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related area and 7 years’ experience in product management. Option 2: 9 years’ experience in product management or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration, or related area and 6 years’ experience as a product manager, ideally working on consumer-facing, large-scale, highly complex B2B/C products
Primary Location...640 W California Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA 94086-4828, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.