Senior Manager, Product Management
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Product Management
- Job Function Product Management
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition R-1709381
What you'll do...
What you’ll do…
About Data Ventures:
Data Ventures exists to unlock the full value of Walmart’s data by developing and productizing B2B data initiatives that empower merchants and suppliers to make better, faster decisions for the business. As part of this transformation, we’re seeking entrepreneurial individuals to help drive data productization from concept to deployment.
- Define and document functional and non-functional requirements, track prioritization and own timely delivery of products/features through partnership with Engineering, Design, and Data stewardship teams
- Coordinate and participate in user acceptance testing of functional requirements
- Participate in stakeholder meetings to identify business requirements, communicate status updates, identify risks and blockers
- Serve as the internal and external subject matter expert for product offerings, and evangelize the product value proposition through demos
- Tracking the value delivered and adoption of our products
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Project Management, Information Technology, or related field and 2 years of work experience in Project Management, Product Management or Product Ownership, Information Systems, Consulting or related area
Up to 4 years of work experience in Project
Management, Product Management or Ownership, Information Systems, Consulting, or related area
- Master’s degree in Business, Computer Science/Engineering, Information Technology, or Project/Program Management
- Strong understanding of agile practices and product delivery
- Ability to grasp technical concepts and translate into business impact/requirements
- Experience launching B2B products in data analytics, ecommerce, or retail space
- Strong attention to detail and bias towards speed
- Effective communicator and collaborator
- User-centric product management approach
- Experience with SQL and/or BI tools such as Tableau, PowerBI, etc.
Live our Values - Culture Champion - Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart's commitment to communities, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
Live our Values - Servant Leadership - Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Embrace Change - Curiosity & Courage - Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Embrace Change - Digital Transformation & Change - Seeks and implements continuous improvements and encourages the team to leverage new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer - Customer Focus - Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omnimerchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
Deliver for the Customer - Strategic Thinking - Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team's strategy.
Focus on our Associates - Diversity, Equity & Inclusion - Identifies, attracts, and retains diverse and inclusive team members; builds a high-performing team; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Focus on our Associates - Collaboration & Influence - Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
Focus on our Associates - Talent Management - Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, promotes an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others' contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related area and 9 years’ experience in product management. Option 2: 11 years’ experience in product management or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration, or related area and 8 years’ experience as a product manager, ideally working on consumer-facing, large-scale, highly complex B2B/C products, Supervisory experience Masters: Business Administration, Masters: Computer Engineering, Masters: Computer Science
Primary Location...850 Cherry Avenue, San Bruno, CA 94066-3031, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.