(USA) Director, Product Management
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Product Management
- Job Function Product Management
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition R-1716549
What you'll do...
Director of Product Management – Data Products
We are looking for a Director, Product Management for the Customer Digital Identity team to advance the way we empower internal teams with best-in-class customer data products and platform at scale. If you are a business leader who is motivated by complex purposeful challenge, with a history of leading an effective product team, this role at Customer Digital Identity could be a great fit for you. This role will lead the strategic efforts in extending our Customer Data Platform for internal Walmart teams such as Walmart Connect, Data Ventures, Walmart +. You must have Senior Level.
About the Team
The customer is at the heart of all we do at Walmart. The Customer Digital Identity team will amplify customer centricity by deepening the company’s understanding of customers and their preferences. When we do that, we can serve them when and how they need.
The team collaborates with product, engineering, and business teams, such as eCommerce, Marketing, Walmart +, Data Ventures, and Walmart Connect, to create a holistic and consistent digital view of customers’ relationship with Walmart.
Walmart Customer Digital Identity is taking customer centricity to the next level
The Customer Digital Identity organization is enabling the company to better understand who the Walmart customer is. At the same time, we are ensuring streamlined processes, security, scalability, regulatory compliance and best in class customer experience.
Walmart’s customer is the American shopper
Walmart is the nation’s largest omnichannel retailer because we put the customer first. By using our resources to create more meaningful connections between our customers and partners, we’re expanding and enriching our ecosystem for everyone’s benefit.
Walmart is not only keeping up, but blazing the way
Over the last few years, as technology and customer preferences evolve, we've focused obsessively on putting our reach and scale to work for your business. You’ll have access to a one-of-a-kind, closed-loop system that integrates online & in-store behavior to build a comprehensive picture. With our powerful omnichannel intelligence, we understand our customers better than anyone else.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if…
- You are an incredible storyteller, communicator, and presenter.
- You have strong leadership skills.
- You are passionate about solving complex challenges.
- You are customer-centric in spirit and data driven in execution.
- You can influence and build consensus through stakeholder management.
- You have a test and learn mentality to iterate and improve your team’s products.
- You have deep domain knowledge in Customer Data Platforms. Retail experience is a plus.
- You have a strong ability to craft a credible vision and differentiating strategy.
- You are energized by leading and developing leaders, and leaders of leaders.
- You have led divisions and built teams in Fortune 500 sized companies.
- You thrive in complex and matrixed organizations.
You’ll make an impact by:
- Driving the vision and strategy for Digital Identity including Customer Data Lakes, Customer Graph, Customer Segmentation and Modeling.
- Defining and communicating overall platform strategy, prioritization, and timelines for the Customer Data Platform.
- Building and launching capabilities to enable improvements to customer experiences and monetization.
- Ensuring tools are built and scaled to support needs of internal teams.
- Operating with a product mindset to connect internal users to the Customer Data Platform data platforms such that all internal teams have access to the same atomic units of customer data .
- Collaborating with Engineering, Walmart Connect, Data Ventures, Walmart +, and Marketing teams to deliver world-class data solutions.
- Providing overall product direction by developing and by managing product roadmaps, analyzing customer insights data to drive actionable initiatives, determine rollout strategy, and manage risks.
- Building relationships with business partners to align business goals, communicating, and prioritizing product roadmaps, and gaining buy-in from executive leadership.
- History of successfully attracting, building, leading, and mentoring a dedicated and diverse team of 100+ Product Managers.
- Bachelor's degree required/MBA a plus.
- 10+ years in Product Management including at least 2 years of experience working in customer identity. Retail industry experience is a plus.
- 10+ years of experience building and managing a team of high performing product managers.
- 3+ years current experience as a Senior Leader leading other leaders.
- Quantitative or technical background is preferred.
- Sound business judgment as well as ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, scope technical requirements, and prioritize.
- Must be able and willing to think and act strategically and tactically.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are crucial, proven ability to influence others internally and externally.
- Strong leadership and team management skills with the ability to motivate and inspire teams to deliver results.
- Proven experience in developing and executing successful product roadmaps and initiatives.
- Strong understanding of industry trends, emerging technologies, and market trends in the retail space.
- Experience with Agile methodologies and project management tools.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
If you have a passion for customer identity in the retail space and the skills and experience outlined above, we encourage you to apply for this exciting senior director of product management role.At Walmart, we offer competitive pay as well as performance-based incentive awards and other great benefits for a happier mind, body, and wallet. Health benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage. Financial benefits include 401(k), stock purchase and company-paid life insurance. Paid time off benefits include PTO (including sick leave), parental leave, family care leave, bereavement, jury duty, and voting. Other benefits include short-term and long-term disability, company discounts, Military Leave Pay, adoption and surrogacy expense reimbursement, and more. You will also receive PTO and/or PPTO that can be used for vacation, sick leave, holidays, or other purposes. The amount you receive depends on your job classification and length of employment. It will meet or exceed the requirements of paid sick leave laws, where applicable. For information about PTO, see https://one.walmart.com/notices . Live Better U is a Walmart-paid education benefit program for full-time and part-time associates in Walmart and Sam's Club facilities. Programs range from high school completion to bachelor's degrees, including English Language Learning and short-form certificates. Tuition, books, and fees are completely paid for by Walmart. Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart at https://bit.ly/3iOOb1J . Additional compensation includes annual or quarterly performance incentives. Additional compensation for certain positions may also include: - Regional Pay Zone (RPZ) (based on location) - Stock equity incentives
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related area and 11 years’ experience in product management. Option 2: 13 years’ experience in product management or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration, or related area and 10 years’ experience as a product manager, ideally working on consumer-facing, large-scale, highly complex B2B/C products, Supervisory experience Masters: Business Administration, Masters: Computer Engineering, Masters: Computer Science
Primary Location...850 Cherry Avenue, San Bruno, CA 94066-3031, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.