Senior Manager, Product Management - Marketplace
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Product Management
- Job Function Product Management
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition R-1710742
What you'll do...
About the team:
As part of Walmart's Customer Product org, the Marketplace, Verticals, and Holidays (MVH) org is steadfast in its pursuit of excellence and innovation. The mission of the Marketplace team within MVH is to spearhead initiatives that offer unparalleled value to our customers, while simultaneously fostering the growth and success of our Marketplace sellers. The Verticals team is tasked with curating unique, end-to-end shopping experiences tailored to diverse customer needs, ensuring a holistic shopping journey whether customers are in phases of inspiration, research, or task completion. The Holidays focus is clear-cut: to craft a frictionless site-to-store journey, empowering customers to seamlessly discover and secure the best deals. Across these areas, the MVH org works diligently to push the boundaries of retail excellence.
Our leadership paradigm? Pure empowerment. The principle is straightforward: equip, space, trust. We’re in the relentless pursuit of the right talent because culture isn’t just a buzzword – it's the undercurrent of unmatched results.
When scouting for talent, we're discerning. The SPOTAKE lens guides us:
- Smart: Beyond academics and accolades. We’re talking about adaptive intelligence,
- restless curiosity, and the craft to decode complexities.
- Passionate: We’re after the fervor. Those whose commitment isn’t just a paycheck deep but rooted in a bigger vision.
- Optimistic: Visionaries welcome. We’re on the hunt for the audacious ones who bank on potential and rally around collective faith.
- Tenacious: No room for quitters. We value those with the resolve to navigate storms and invent routes when roads don’t exist.
- Adaptable: The playbook changes. We crave the agile; those unphased by the new and the now, always ready for the next pivot.
- Kind: It’s foundational. An ecosystem built on respect, trust, and genuine regard.
- Empathy: The silent powerhouse. It’s about resonating with others, genuinely and profoundly.
About the role:
The Senior Manager of Product Management for Marketplace stands at the nexus of Walmart's digital transformation. Tasked with enhancing the digital journey for our expansive user base and fortifying the success of our Marketplace sellers, this role is quintessential to our digital aspirations. Collaborating with a dedicated, cross-functional team of Engineers, Designers and Product Managers, the Senior Manager will guide the creation and refinement of consumer-centric shopping solutions across our digital avenues. Intent on subtly expanding our platform, the emphasis will be not just on accommodating our vast product array but also capturing wider consumer needs. Amidst championing the customer experience, the role also underpins seller growth, adeptly navigating the vast terrain and nuances of our marketplace.
Key deliverables and impact:
- Product Direction: Offer insights and direction for the product suite, drawing from market trends, internal and external cues, and pinpointing market opportunities.
- Business Alignment: Shape business plans by zeroing in on customer and operational needs and harmonizing with overarching business goals.
- Product Enhancement: Engage actively in refining product roadmaps, marrying business imperatives with technical nuances, and transmuting customer insights into strategic imperatives.
- Data Interpretation: Harness metrics and analytics to steer product augmentations and catalyze data-informed decisions.
- Problem Solving: Untangle and overcome intricate challenges, perpetually through a customer-focused lens.
- Team Collaboration: Foster synergy within a team of Product Managers, nurturing an inclusive and collaborative atmosphere.
- Partnership Building: Cultivate strong bonds with key internal and external stakeholders, ensuring initiatives align with business trajectories.
- Product Oversight: Dive deep into various product lifecycle stages, from ideation to post-launch analyses.
- Agile Methodology: Lead standups, spearhead sprint planning sessions, and champion an agile mindset that emphasizes testing, feedback, and continual refinement.
- Task Management: Proficiently write JIRA stories, ensuring clear communication of requirements and expectations.
- Design Reviews: Actively participate in design review sessions, providing feedback and ensuring alignment with user needs and business goals.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Facilitate seamless communication on product trajectories and decisions, liaising with a spectrum of stakeholders, from engineering teams to external partners.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related area and 5 years’ experience in product management.
- At least 3 years of experience in Retail / eCommerce product management with experience driving big, impactful end-to-end initiatives from front-end (customer experience) to back-end (inventory, fulfillment). Preference on driving on big, Holiday-related initiatives such as Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and other seasonal events.
- At least 2 years of experience successfully leading a team of Product Managers.
- Strong technical background with a deep understanding of software development processes, methodologies and experience contributing to designing technical architecture.
- Strong business acumen, with experience working with Business Unit/Vertical GMs in supporting profit and loss objectives and driving revenue and customer growth via building tailored, vertical customer experiences specific to those businesses.
- Solid understanding of the flow of the inventory from suppliers all the way to the customer’s doorstep.
- Adept at diving deep into REST API responses, crafting visions with Balsamiq sketches, and turning raw ideas into tangible mocks on Sketch or Figma.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related area and 9 years’ experience in product management. Option 2: 11 years’ experience in product management or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration, or related area and 8 years’ experience as a product manager, ideally working on consumer-facing, large-scale, highly complex B2B/C products, Supervisory experience Masters: Business Administration, Masters: Computer Engineering, Masters: Computer Science
Primary Location...850 Cherry Avenue, San Bruno, CA 94066-3031, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.