(USA) Senior Product Manager, Accounts
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Career Area Product Management
- Job Function Product Management
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition R-1708832
What you'll do...
The Walmart Ecommerce Product Org is looking for a qualified Senior PM to join the Customer Accounts team. As a key partner to the entire end-to-end experience, the Customer Accounts team focuses on enabling customers to manage their entire relationship with Walmart while empowering them set preferences that drive a highly personalized experience as they shop.
Working cross-functionally with stakeholders across the product org, this individual will be responsible for generating bottoms-up ideas based on customer insights, and collaborate with 4-in-box partners to bring them to fruition and measure impact.
Data Driven Product Decisions:
- Product and feature analytics; Data analysis tools and techniques; Research for analysis activities; Documentation procedures (for example, data logs); Modern industry practices and emerging trends.
- To support data analytics for a product/feature. Supports data collection and evaluation within assigned areas (for example, acquisition cost, conversion rate, adoption, active users, feature usage, user churn, net promoter score, satisfaction, lifetime value).
Driving Customer/ Client Needs :
- Customer and business problems; Design thinking; Dependencies and impacts on product processes/ways of working; Journey mapping; Process optimization; Communication and influencing techniques.
- To research and verify customer needs and expectations. Delivers customer value within the parameters of profitability and other targets. Builds and maintains consistent customer connections and solicits customer feedback. Creates customer journeys and identifies customer touchpoints. Addresses gaps/risks in product experiences. Simplifies and improves processes to drive customer satisfaction.
Product Roadmap and Development :
- Product roadmap development techniques; Roadmap presentation; Roadmap features and items; Project management techniques; Modern business practice (for example, Agile methodologies, Scrum); Minimum Viable Product (MVP) creation; Product development lifecycles; Product development concepts (for example, "Crossing the Chasm")
- To build and own a simple product roadmap with proper phasing.
- Communicates with cross-functional partners and stakeholders. Explores alternative avenues to identify resources while navigating through organizational constraints and dependencies.
- Builds stakeholder alignment. Independently (or with minimal guidance) manages backlog/priority tradeoff decisions and communications.
- Manages product/feature rollouts and scaling (using an MVP approach) and iteratively optimizes the product.
Product Vision and Strategy:
- Problem formulation and solutioning; Hypothesis framing; Business strategies; Business management practices across multiple domains; Customer segments and needs; Domain-specific knowledge; "Go to Market" strategies; Industry, environmental, and economic factors and competitors; Product discovery process, product vision, product strategy and challenges; Rapid prototyping and Lean experimentation methodologies; Concepts of "First Principle," "Whole Product," and "Crossing the Chasm"
- To own a simple customer problem and/or product requirements/needs. Assists in building new ideas/products. Explores new focus areas/unchartered areas for value creation leveraging first principles and develops a long-term vision. Articulates problem statements and hypotheses. Guides team members towards prototypes. Effectively communicates product strategy and vision and the unit economics of a product. Understand the need for "Go-to-Market" strategies and levers for user adoption.
Influencing and Building Stakeholder Consensus :
- Verbal/non-verbal behaviors ; Application and allocation of business communication styles/techniques in ambiguous and challenging situations; Situational awareness; Elements of Emotional Intelligence and Influencing Styles; Communication channels/mediums; Interpersonal skills and universal relationship building.
- To communicate in one-to-one/stakeholder meetings involving one-two teams. Proactively builds professional network. Articulates results/recommendations. Actively listens to others and acknowledges different technical perspectives and connects to the product/technology in development.
- Competitive technology landscapes; Existing portfolio of enterprise systems, technologies, services, and architecture; Common PaaS and IaaS technologies and environments; Software quality assurance methodologies, tools, processes, and checkpoints; Emerging technology and industry trends; Product and technology innovation.
- To demonstrate an understanding of InfoSec policies and process. Owns business and user acceptance testing for simple products/features. Independently represents technology requirements and drives technology design outcomes. Demonstrates an understanding of product architecture, services involved, and the database and cloud technologies used. Leverages knowledge of competitor products/services for assigned products. Drives informed discussions with engineering teams and stakeholders to assess feasibility and risks and prioritize efforts, features, and capabilities.
In-Depth Domain Expertise
- Domain-specific methodologies, tools, and processes; Domain-specific products; Domain specific best practices; Domain-specific market standards in product/platform architecture
- To demonstrate awareness of various principles, ways of working, and subdomain-specific terminologies. Compares the maturity of products, services, and processes within the subdomain with others in the industry. Identifies gaps across subdomains and reports gaps for potential innovation opportunities. Demonstrates awareness of new processes and automation techniques used within the domain across industries.
- Coordinates, completes, and oversees job-related activities and assignments by developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders; supporting plans and initiatives to meet customer and business needs; identifying and communicating goals and objectives; building accountability for and measuring progress in achieving results; identifying and addressing improvement opportunities; and demonstrating adaptability and promoting continuous learning.
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by hiring and training; mentoring; assigning duties; providing recognition; and ensuring diversity awareness.
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by implementing related action plans; utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy; and providing direction and guidance on applying these in executing business processes and practices.
Live our Values - Culture Champion - Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart's commitment to communities, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
Live our Values - Servant Leadership - Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Embrace Change - Curiosity & Courage - Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks. Embrace Change - Digital Transformation & Change - Seeks and implements continuous improvements and encourages the team to leverage new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer - Customer Focus - Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omnimerchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
Deliver for the Customer - Strategic Thinking - Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team's strategy.
Focus on our Associates - Diversity, Equity & Inclusion - Embraces diversity in all its forms and actively supports diversity of ideas and perspectives, as well as diversity goal programs.
Focus on our Associates - Collaboration & Influence - Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
At Walmart, we offer competitive pay as well as performance-based incentive awards and other great benefits for a happier mind, body, and wallet. Health benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage. Financial benefits include 401(k), stock purchase and company-paid life insurance. Paid time off benefits include PTO (including sick leave), parental leave, family care leave, bereavement, jury duty, and voting. Other benefits include short-term and long-term disability, company discounts, Military Leave Pay, adoption and surrogacy expense reimbursement, and more.
You will also receive PTO and/or PPTO that can be used for vacation, sick leave, holidays, or other purposes. The amount you receive depends on your job classification and length of employment. It will meet or exceed the requirements of paid sick leave laws, where applicable. For information about PTO, see https://one.walmart.com/notices .
Live Better U is a Walmart-paid education benefit program for full-time and part-time associates in Walmart and Sam's Club facilities. Programs range from high school completion to bachelor's degrees, including English Language Learning and short-form certificates. Tuition, books, and fees are completely paid for by Walmart.
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart at https://bit.ly/3iOOb1J .
The annual salary range for this position is $117,000.00-$234,000.00
Additional compensation includes annual or quarterly performance incentives.
Additional compensation for certain positions may also include:
- Regional Pay Zone (RPZ) (based on location)
- Stock equity incentives
Focus on our Associates - Talent Management - Contributes to an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, demonstrates engagement and commitment to the team, and recognizes others' contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related area and 5 years’ experience in product management. Option 2: 7 years’ experience in product management or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration, or related area and 4 years’ experience as a product manager, ideally working on consumer-facing, large-scale, highly complex B2B/C products Masters: Business Administration, Masters: Computer Engineering, Masters: Computer Science
Primary Location...640 W California Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA 94086-4828, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.