Staff, Product Manager - Merchandising
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Product Management
- Job Function Product Management
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition R-1702274
What you'll do...
Walmart's Product team places customers and associates are at the heart of everything we build. We're a curious bunch. We fall in love with the problem that needs solving and collaborate across teams to create inclusive, award-winning solutions. We dream big, but we also hold ourselves accountable for reaching our goals. Our work has a purpose and we see it play out in our stores and communities every day.
The Staff Product Manager – Merchandising builds products to enhance the experience for millions of customers. You'll use the latest tools to facilitate remote teams and their work to develop experiences changing the industry including the mobile app, online grocery experience, curbside, or Delivery Unlimited. You'll get to deliver customer-centric solutions before they walk in the door, after they purchase, and every step in between. It's your work on the world's biggest stage.
Location for this role is Bentonville, AR.
How you'll make an impact:
- You will utilize your retail and merchandising expertise to develop industry-leading capabilities aimed at reimagining the way that our merchant teams make data-driven decisions about which items to merchandise in over 4000 Walmart stores.
- You will collaborate with top-tier data science, data engineering, and application engineering teams tasked with delivering best-in-class AI and machine learning solutions for forecasting, demand transfer, and assortment optimization.
- You will work closely and directly with business stakeholders to understand their assortment selection challenges and will seek to provide simplified solutions aimed at reducing their cognitive load and to simplify their workloads.
- Developing and enhancing products – you will manage product roadmaps, align business and technical needs, analyze customer and product data, turn customer insights into actionable projects, determine rollout strategy, and manage risks
- Defining vision and strategies to deliver new AI and machine learning powered store merchandising capabilities, using domain expertise, internal and external best practices, identifying market opportunities, building business cases, and approving objectives
- Building collaborative relationships with key partners by driving priorities aligned to business goals, communicating and prioritizing product roadmaps, and gaining support from executive leadership
- Providing overall direction by analyzing business goals and customer needs
Along your way, you'll report to a Director of Product Management.
What you'll bring:
- You are hands on and willing to work closely with business and technical stakeholders
- You like digging into data and doing some analysis
- You're excited about solving complex challenges
- You're customer-centric in spirit and in execution
- You have a test and learn mentality and an agile way of working to improve your team's product
- You have ability to inspire, motivate, and guide individuals towards a common goal, fostering a sense of unity and collaboration.
- Master of Business Administration and 4+ years of relevant product management experience or Bachelor’s degree in business, math, or engineering and 6+ years of relevant product management experience
- Experience in the retail sector; merchandising experience a big plus
- 2 years of experience leading a team of product managers
- Demonstrable experience delivering complex, cross-functional product capabilities with an emphasis on solutions involving data science, AI, or machine learning.
- Demonstration of strong verbal and written communication skills, with an emphasis on “story telling” and influencing stakeholder
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
#AB testing, #User Experience, #Product roadmap, #Product vision, #Product strategy, #Product execution, #Product launch, #Data analysis, #Market research, #experimentation, #mobile app products, #ecommerce, #data-driven decision-making, #go-to-market Strategy
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related area and 7 years’ experience in product management. Option 2: 9 years’ experience in product management or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration, or related area and 6 years’ experience as a product manager, ideally working on consumer-facing, large-scale, highly complex B2B/C products
Primary Location...702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.