(USA) Director, Product Management - PetCare Omni Services
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Career Area Product Management
- Job Function Product Management
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition R-1708697
What you'll do...
As a part of Walmart’s eCommerce Product Org, you’ll be the voice of our customer. With the customer at the forefront, we have the ability to help deliver save both time and money for our customers no matter how they shop with us and reach them in new, unexpected ways.
With our user-centric approach to problem solving, customers and associates are at the heart of everything we build. A curious bunch, we fall in love with the problem that needs solving and collaborate with our design, technology, and business partners to create inclusive, award-winning solutions. Our entrepreneurial spirit, like that of our founder Sam Walton, pushes us to dream big, but we also hold ourselves accountable with objectives and key results. Innovating on the world’s biggest stage, we get to put our product management expertise to work to deliver customer-centric shopping solutions like the Walmart app, game-changing financial and health and wellness services, and next generation associate tools, like an augmented reality stocking app, and so much more. This is that place where our work has a purpose, and we see it play out in our stores and communities every day.
Want to work on some of the hardest problems within Walmart? PetCare Omni customer experience team is working towards helping Pet parents manage wellness of their pets while saving them time and money. This leader will also be responsible for standing up other omni verticals in future. As one of the fastest growing functions within the Walmart organization - we value individuals who are customer obsessed, data-driven, and have a bias towards action. Your OKRs will be directly tied to the value you provide to Walmart’s pet parents, and we welcome candidates who are up for the challenge. We are seeking an experienced and exceptional Product leader who can lead a product team focused on building a transformational experience to drive Omnichannel growth opportunities within the PetCare space, through a combination of experiments, growth hacking and new technology investments. This leader will shape and define the product roadmap and strategy, identifying customer needs and developing products, features and experiences. This is an opportunity to be part of building something transformational from the ground up, backed with the stability and scalability that the Fortune 1 company can provide.
You’ll Make An Impact By
- Defining vision and strategies for our PetCare & new verticals omni shopping experience – you will use your domain expertise in ecommerce and mobile apps, internal and external best practices, identifying market opportunities, building business cases, and approving objectives.
- Developing and enhancing products – you will manage product roadmaps, align business and technical needs, analyze customer and product data, turn customer insights into actionable initiatives, determine rollout strategy, and manage risks
- Crafting and developing solutions to large business challenges – you will communicate business and customer needs to key partners to implement products and timelines
- Driving business plans and projects – you will identify the customer and operational needs of the product
- Building an inclusive team environment while developing the team to excel as best product managers in the industry – you will select, train, and mentor
- Evaluating the effectiveness of your products and initiatives – you will improve efficiency and cost-effectiveness with participating stakeholders
You’ll sweep us off our feet if…
- You have experience envisioning and launching 0 to 1 product(s).
- You manage product teams, evangelize product strategy and vision to key leadership.
- You are able to translate product strategy into detailed specifications, making functional and user interface design tradeoffs, managing product launches and owning the product successes post-launch.
- You are an empathetic partner to customers and proactively anticipate requirements, influence and guide team towards building appropriate solutions.
- You are an innovative thinker and able to synthesize data from multiple sources (including analytics, user research, operations research, and design) to identify key unmet needs and solutions that can address the needs.
- You are data-driven and analytical to draw insights from current product performance to deliver on key user metrics.
- You have the ability to work with large number of teams to make the vision of the product successful
- 3 years of experience in leading a team of product managers
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.At Walmart, we offer competitive pay as well as performance-based incentive awards and other great benefits for a happier mind, body, and wallet. Health benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage. Financial benefits include 401(k), stock purchase and company-paid life insurance. Paid time off benefits include PTO (including sick leave), parental leave, family care leave, bereavement, jury duty, and voting. Other benefits include short-term and long-term disability, company discounts, Military Leave Pay, adoption and surrogacy expense reimbursement, and more. You will also receive PTO and/or PPTO that can be used for vacation, sick leave, holidays, or other purposes. The amount you receive depends on your job classification and length of employment. It will meet or exceed the requirements of paid sick leave laws, where applicable. For information about PTO, see https://one.walmart.com/notices . Live Better U is a Walmart-paid education benefit program for full-time and part-time associates in Walmart and Sam's Club facilities. Programs range from high school completion to bachelor's degrees, including English Language Learning and short-form certificates. Tuition, books, and fees are completely paid for by Walmart. Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart at https://bit.ly/3iOOb1J . The annual salary range for this position is $169,000.00-$338,000.00 Additional compensation includes annual or quarterly performance incentives. Additional compensation for certain positions may also include: - Regional Pay Zone (RPZ) (based on location) - Stock equity incentives
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related area and 11 years’ experience in product management. Option 2: 13 years’ experience in product management or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration, or related area and 10 years’ experience as a product manager, ideally working on consumer-facing, large-scale, highly complex B2B/C products, Supervisory experience Masters: Business Administration, Masters: Computer Engineering, Masters: Computer Science
Primary Location...840 W CALIFORNIA AVE, SUNNYVALE, CA 94086-4828, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.