Product Manager III - Sam's Semantic Model
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Product Management
- Job Function Product Management
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition R-1702449
What you'll do...
As a part of Walmart US Tech, you’ll build industry defining finance data and reporting products to drive differentiated experiences for the customers. If you are the type of person who feels a personal stake in everything that you work on, has a strong sense of ownership, has a love for data, enjoys solving complex problems, has a passion to build data products, knows how to foster strong relationships and build trust, and works for the success of the entire team then our Product Manager III –could be for you. The ideal candidate will be an innovative leader, owns data strategy for Sam's Semantic Model and works closely with the engineering and finance teams to take an idea through implementation and stabilization.
About Team: Finance Data Factory
Our team gathers information about customer needs and applies our technological expertise and strategic thinking to create a product roadmap. The product journey is designed to leverage technological excellence to drive customer satisfaction. Walmart's philosophy of Everyday Low Prices is not an easy one to achieve. Being cost-effective is critical because it allows us to optimize all processes and verticals while striving for excellence. Our team is a big part of making this possible. Our team gathers information about customer needs and applies our technological expertise and strategic thinking to create a product roadmap. The product journey is designed to leverage technological excellence to drive customer satisfaction. Walmart's philosophy of Everyday Low Prices is not an easy one to achieve. Being cost-effective is critical because it allows us to optimize all processes and verticals while striving for excellence. Our team is a big part of making this possible.
What you'll do:
- Bringing Passion to ideate, plan, and ensure customer privacy is at the forefront of all we do.
- Developing and enhancing products – you will manage product roadmaps, create user stories with detailed acceptance criteria, align business and technical needs, analyze customer and financial data, turn customer insights into actionable initiatives, determine rollout strategy, and manage risks. Manage and prioritize the flow of work by leading the Product Backlog refinement sessions.
- Defining vision and strategies for your product family, using domain expertise, internal and external best practices, identifying market opportunities, building business cases, and approving objectives
- Building collaborative relationships with key partners by driving priorities aligned to business goals, communicating, and prioritizing product roadmaps, and gaining buy-in from executive leadership.
- Providing overall direction by analyzing business objectives and customer needs
- Building a team environment by partnering to solve problems and staying focused till there is a solution.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills to work effectively within a team environment
What you'll bring:
- At least 3+ year’s experience in Product Management, Data Product, Data Analytics, and Reporting.
- Experience with Quantitative, financial, or engineering background is preferred.
- Platform experience is highly desirable.
- Sound business judgment as well as ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, scope technical requirements, and prioritize.
- Must be able and willing to think and act strategically and tactically.
- You are a storyteller, visionary, and innovator.
- You like digging into data and doing some analysis.
- You’re excited about solving complex challenges.
- You’re customer-centric in spirit and in execution.
- You’re comfortable influencing others, leading teams, managing stakeholders, getting buy-in from leadership, and communicating clearly.
- You have a test and learn mentality and an agile way of working to improve your team’s products.
About Walmart Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of software engineers, data scientists, cybersecurity expert's and service professionals within the world’s leading retailer who make an epic impact and are at the forefront of the next retail disruption. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. We are people-led and tech-empowered. We train our team in the skillsets of the future and bring in experts like you to help us grow. We have roles for those chasing their first opportunity as well as those looking for the opportunity that will define their career. Here, you can kickstart a great career in tech, gain new skills and experience for virtually every industry, or leverage your expertise to innovate at scale, impact millions and reimagine the future of retail.
Flexible, hybrid work:
We use a hybrid way of working that is primarily in office coupled with virtual when not onsite. Our campuses serve as a hub to enhance collaboration, bring us together for purpose and deliver on business needs. This approach helps us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team and be more flexible in our personal lives.
Benefits: Beyond our great compensation package, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related area and 3 years’ experience in product management. Option 2: 5 years’ experience in product management or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration, or related area and 2 years’ experience as a product manager, ideally working on consumer-facing, large-scale, highly complex B2B/C products Masters: Business Administration, Masters: Computer Engineering, Masters: Computer Science
Primary Location...PHYLLIS ST. N OF HWY 102, WEST SIDE OF STREET, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.