Senior Product Manager
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Product Management
- Job Function Product Management
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition R-1710426
What you'll do...
Data Ventures exists to unlock the full value of Walmart’s data by developing and productizing B2B data initiatives that empower merchants and suppliers to make better, faster decisions for the business. As part of this transformation, we’re seeking entrepreneurial individuals to help drive data productization from concept to deployment.
- Lead meetings with internal business stakeholders and external clients to understand their data needs and translate requirements into actionable and incremental solutions built to scale
- Define and document functional and non-functional requirements, track prioritization and timely delivery through partnership with Engineering, Design, and Data stewardship teams
- Coordinate and participate in user acceptance testing of functional requirements
- Lead user research sessions, conduct competitive/market analysis to identify competing or complementary products or technologies, and keep a pulse on general industry direction
- Define and shape roadmap and long-term vision for the products owned
- Communicate status updates and identify risks and blockers to product launch timelines
- Serve as the internal and external subject matter expert for product offerings, and evangelize the product value proposition through demos
- Track the value delivered and adoption of our products
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Project Management, Information Technology, Business Analytics or related field and 2 years of work experience in Project Management, Product Management or Product Ownership, Information Systems, Consulting or related area
- 3 Years of work experience in Product Management (ideally at a Technology company)
- Experience with business applications with a focus on application integration
- Experience with data models and large data sets
- Master’s degree in Business, Computer Science/Engineering, Information Technology, or Project/Program Management
- Strong understanding of agile practices and product delivery
- Ability to grasp technical concepts and translate into business impact/requirements
- Experience launching B2B products in data analytics, ecommerce, or retail space
- Experience working with multiple cross-functional teams
- Strong attention to detail and bias towards speed
- Effective communicator and collaborator
- User-centric product management approach
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related area and 5 years’ experience in product management. Option 2: 7 years’ experience in product management or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration, or related area and 4 years’ experience as a product manager, ideally working on consumer-facing, large-scale, highly complex B2B/C products Masters: Business Administration, Masters: Computer Engineering, Masters: Computer Science
Primary Location...850 Cherry Avenue, San Bruno, CA 94066-3031, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.