Senior Director, Product Management, Search Quality
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Career Area Product Management
- Job Function Product Management
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition R-1688587
What you'll do...
Walmart's Product team places customers and associates are at the heart of everything we build. We're a curious bunch. We dream big, but we also hold ourselves accountable for reaching our goals. We get to apply our product management expertise on the world's biggest stage.
We are at the forefront of innovation. We partner with technologists and scientists who fall in love with the problems and collaborate across teams to create inclusive, award-winning products.
About the Team
As a part of Walmart’s eCommerce Product team, you’ll be the voice of our customer. Walmart was founded with the belief that the customer is #1. It’s not just a belief, but our way of doing business. With the customer at the forefront, we can help deliver save both time and money for our customers no matter how they shop with us and reach them in new, exciting ways.
The eCommerce Product team builds products to enhance the experience for millions of customers who shop with us online or use the app to shop in our stores. You’ll leverage the best and latest technologies to develop experiences that have changed the industry.
The Search and Buybox Product team within eCommerce is responsible for delivering the platform that helps our customers discover the right products and services that Walmart has to offer. The team leverages sophisticated machine learning, data science and big data technologies to understand customers’ intent and provide relevant product and services through the best possible experience. The team also provides tools to our internal stakeholders to help promote and discover new items and experiences, our associates to fulfill our customers’ needs, and provide feedback to our merchants on products, customers need. We serve millions of queries every single day, use the most cutting-edge technologies to drive discoverability at scale and help our customers navigate our assortment seamlessly.
As the Senior Director of Product for Search Quality (Intent and Retrieval), you will lead the vision and charter to drive understanding of the queries and the customer intent for millions of queries with which our customers express their need at Walmart. This role is also responsible to work with our Catalog team to ensure we are able to fetch the right items. This leader will drive a team of smart, passionate PMs working with engineering, data science and design to build the platform at scale that can pick the right item/service for our customers – every single time.
You’ll make an impact by:
- Reimagining the largest Omni Search platform with a group of talented product managers, platform engineers, and data scientists
- Defining product vision and strategies for Search
- Bringing a passion to product management at scale
- Problem solving with smart people
- Defining and measuring key measures of success
- Developing and implementing strategies to attract great product talent
- Having fun!
We’re looking for a dynamic leader who is…
- Customer Obsessed – you will always start with customer’s needs first and obsess over every aspect of her experience. You will work to reduce customer effort and aim to delight her with best possible search and discovery platform. Never fail a customer!
- Creative & Innovative - you are an innovative thinker and able to synthesize data from multiple sources (including analytics, user research, and design) to identify key unmet needs and solutions that can address the needs. You relish in solving problem in simplest possible way!
- Collaborative & Influential - You have the ability to influence executive and work collaboratively with large number of teams to make the vision of the product successful. You build bridges!
- Curious & Data-driven – you are comfortable with big data technologies and ML tools. You consider yourself analytical and draw insights from new & varied information and inputs. You are always learning!
- Strategic - you are able to translate product strategy into detailed specifications, making functional and user interface design tradeoffs, managing product launches and owning the product successes post-launch. You solve for long term while delivering results now.
- A Product Leader - you lead and inspire teams, evangelize product strategy and vision and develop a talented team. You are empathetic leader who draws the best from all.
What you should be excited about :
- Using data metrics to improve performance.
- Solving complex product and technology challenges
- Customer-centric spirit
- Operating like a startup at scale! Our speed of execution is one of the best in the industry.
- Influencing others, leading teams, managing stakeholders, and communicating clearly
- Experimenting, testing and learning
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related area and 13 years’ experience in product management. Option 2: 15 years’ experience in product management or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration, or related area and 12 years’ experience as a product manager, ideally working on consumer-facing, large-scale, highly complex B2B/C products, Supervisory experience Masters: Business Administration, Masters: Computer Engineering, Masters: Computer Science
Primary Location...640 W California Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA 94086-4828, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.