Director, Product Management
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Career Area Product Management
- Job Function Product Management
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition R-1600750
What you'll do...
Walmart Global Tech Platform looking for a Seasoned Product Management leader on our Platform SRE and Operations team whose mission is to provide reliable and highly resilient platform services across Data, Development, and Infrastructure domains by providing mission critical platform operations and SRE for the platform and applications engineering teams that enable e-commerce, store, and distribution center services for the world’s largest retailer. You will be driving product management for the next- generation, cloud-based native technology capable of supporting millions of real-time transactions for e-commerce and retail stores. Experience with open-source contributions, Platform and SRE Operations is a plus.
Building the right technology foundation for Infrastructure & platforms is vital to success at the scale of Walmart. Our team builds and maintains the foundational technologies that support the tech organization. Included in this are SRE Operations for data, infra and development platforms, enterprise architecture, DevOps, cloud computing, and infrastructure. All of these products and services are supported by scalable and powerful infrastructure, ensuring a secure and seamless employee and customer experience across stores, digital/Omni channels, and distribution centers.
What you'll do:
- Drive the Platform Operations and Resiliency product strategy and roadmap for keyreturns initiatives for Walmart customers that boost NPS.
- Platform Product Manager will work with engineering and Operations teams to improve and develop core platform features, monitor and manage key APIs, manage vendor integrations, and more.
- Platform Product Manager is responsible for managing, supporting, and developing large-scale underlying technologies such Infrastructure, data and development services
- Define, analyze and communicate platform product roadmap aligned with business objectives and supported by business cases, market research, customer data and competitive analysis
- Drive the roadmap for Operational services transformation including Incident management, Change Management, Resilience/Chaos Testing, Vendor integration services
- Promote and create developer and customer loyalty through highly innovative, quality driven product strategies and feature sets
- Gather developer and other stakeholder feedback to validate that the product works against stated metrics
- Work with our developer/engineering community to understand consumption /adoption issues and turn those insights into backlog items
- Lead the strategy, concept, feature and functionality definition, development and launch of platform operations products both in-house and with strategic partners
- Become an expert on Platform and SRE product suite across all platforms
- Formulate business cases and roadmaps for new platform features and services
- Collaborate with stakeholders to formulate and document the product requirements
- Research on trends and patterns in market
- Work with UX Designers to ensure delivery of optimal user experiences driving high adoption
- Work with Program Managers and Engineering to support vision and deliver against plan and targets
- Prepare and implement go-to-market strategies, ensuring successful launch execution and adoption
- Manage products through their life cycle—introduction, growth, maturity and ending stages
- Make data/ROI-driven decisions
- Own the results and KPIs
What you'll bring:
- Master's degree required, business, or engineering preferred. MBA from top business school preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in product management, business consulting, Tech Platforms, Retail or related field
- Product experience driving product vision and roadmap with a track record of leading teams to deploy innovative solutions that deliver measurable results at scale.
- Knowledge of technical solutions used in Technology Platforms, e-commerce space and familiarity with system architecture, API’s, Cloud ( Azure/GCP), Resilience/Chaos Testing, SRE Operations and data science.
- Understanding of agile methodology, reverse logistics systems and customer care tools and interactions.
- Experience in leading cross functional teams to solve complex business problems and deploy innovative solutions
- Excellent written and verbal and interpersonal communication skills with ability to champion product solutions throughout the organization
- An strong understanding of technical communication systems and SRE Operations
- An strong understanding of Chaos/Resilience testing, Incident management, change management, and zero down timeCloud Operations
- The ability to manage long-term roadmap
- Ability to turn complex asks into elegant, scalable products
- Eye to details
- Ability to maintain a fine balance between business priorities and development capacity whilst keeping positive collaborative relationships
- Used to work alongside and present to senior management
- Strong Office and online collaboration (Jira
- Must be able to demonstrate and/or describe a substantial software product that you built personally, demonstrating your ability to envision, define, and execute
About Walmart Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of software engineers, data scientists, cybersecurity expert's and service professionals within the world’s leading retailer who make an epic impact and are at the forefront of the next retail disruption. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. We are people-led and tech-empowered. We train our team in the skillsets of the future and bring in experts like you to help us grow. We have roles for those chasing their first opportunity as well as those looking for the opportunity that will define their career. Here, you can kickstart a great career in tech, gain new skills and experience for virtually every industry, or leverage your expertise to innovate at scale, impact millions and reimagine the future of retail.
Flexible, hybrid work:
We use a hybrid way of working that is primarily in office coupled with virtual when not onsite. Our campuses serve as a hub to enhance collaboration, bring us together for purpose and deliver on business needs. This approach helps us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team and be more flexible in our personal lives.
At Walmart, we offer competitive pay as well as performance-based incentive awards and other great benefits for a happier mind, body, and wallet. Health benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage. Financial benefits include 401(k), stock purchase and company-paid life insurance. Paid time off benefits include PTO (including sick leave), parental leave, family care leave, bereavement, jury duty, and voting. Other benefits include short-term and long-term disability, company discounts, Military Leave Pay, adoption and surrogacy expense reimbursement, and more.
You will also receive PTO and/or PPTO that can be used for vacation, sick leave, holidays, or other purposes. The amount you receive depends on your job classification and length of employment. It will meet or exceed the requirements of paid sick leave laws, where applicable. For information about PTO, see https://one.walmart.com/notices .
Live Better U is a Walmart-paid education benefit program for full-time and part-time associates in Walmart and Sam's Club facilities. Programs range from high school completion to bachelor's degrees, including English Language Learning and short-form certificates. Tuition, books, and fees are completely paid for by Walmart.
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart at https://bit.ly/3iOOb1J .
The annual salary range for this position is $169,000.00-$338,000.00
Additional compensation includes annual or quarterly performance incentives.
Additional compensation for certain positions may also include:
- Regional Pay Zone (RPZ) (based on location)
- Stock equity incentives
Benefits: Beyond our great compensation package, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related area and 11 years’ experience in product management. Option 2: 13 years’ experience in product management or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration, or related area and 10 years’ experience as a product manager, ideally working on consumer-facing, large-scale, highly complex B2B/C products, Supervisory experience Masters: Business Administration, Masters: Computer Engineering, Masters: Computer Science
Primary Location...840 W CALIFORNIA AVE, SUNNYVALE, CA 94086-4828, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.