Senior Manager, Product Management
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Product Management
- Job Function Product Management
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition R-1710030
What you'll do...
As a part of Walmart’s Product Organization, you’ll be part of the team that creates the digital products, services and platforms that help millions of customers save money and live better and equip 1.3 million associates with the tools that empower them to do their jobs, effortlessly. Here, you’ll apply best in class technology to make the complex, simple; the unimaginable, doable; the futuristic, realistic.
With our user-centric approach to problem solving, customers and associates are at the heart of everything we build. As a curious bunch, we fall in love with the problem that needs solving and collaborate with our design, technology, and business partners to create inclusive, award-winning solutions. Our entrepreneurial spirit, like that of our founder Sam Walton, pushes us to dream big, but we also hold ourselves accountable with objectives and key results. Innovating on the world’s biggest stage, we get to put our product management expertise to work to deliver customer-centric shopping solutions like the Walmart app, game-changing financial and health and wellness services, and next generation associate tools, like an augmented reality stocking app, and so much more. This is that place where our work has a purpose, and we see it play out in our stores and communities every day.
This role on the Site Discovery team is responsible for the product strategy and execution of our Global Navigation and My Items experiences across web and mobile. In this role, the PM will be focused on driving customers into the discovery funnel and making their shopping experience as easy, fun, relevant and fast as possible. The PM collaborate cross functionally with E2E product teams, business, design, engineering, and analytics to bring their product vision to life.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and enhance products – you will manage product roadmaps, align business and technical needs, analyze customer and product data, turn customer insights into actionable initiatives, determine rollout strategy, and manage risks
- Define vision and strategies for your product family, using domain expertise, internal and external best practices, identifying market opportunities, building business cases, and approving objectives
- Craft and develop solutions to large business challenges – communicate business and customer needs to key partners to implement products and timelines
- Drive business plans and projects by identifying the customer and operational needs of the product
- Evaluate the effectiveness of your products and initiatives to improve efficiency and cost-effectiveness with participating stakeholders
You’ll sweep us off our feet if…
- You’re able to use metrics to improve performance
- You’re excited about solving complex challenges
- You’re customer-centric in spirit and in execution
- You’re comfortable influencing others, leading engineering teams, managing stakeholders, and communicating clearly
- You have a test and learn mentality and an agile way of working to improve your product
- Demonstrated track record of aligning to an overarching product vision, using data and analysis to support strategy and prioritization, and day to day product execution.
- 3-5 years of Product Management experience
- Strong user experience, analytics, and technical acumen.
- Experience with AB Testing
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to work well with highly cross-functional teams
- Intellectually curious with a data driven mindset. Experience shipping and iterating based on data.
- Strong communication skills in both written and verbal forms.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
#ABtesting #UserExperience #ecommerce #productmanager #productmanagement
#LI-JP8At Walmart, we offer competitive pay as well as performance-based incentive awards and other great benefits for a happier mind, body, and wallet. Health benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage. Financial benefits include 401(k), stock purchase and company-paid life insurance. Paid time off benefits include PTO (including sick leave), parental leave, family care leave, bereavement, jury duty, and voting. Other benefits include short-term and long-term disability, company discounts, Military Leave Pay, adoption and surrogacy expense reimbursement, and more. You will also receive PTO and/or PPTO that can be used for vacation, sick leave, holidays, or other purposes. The amount you receive depends on your job classification and length of employment. It will meet or exceed the requirements of paid sick leave laws, where applicable. For information about PTO, see https://one.walmart.com/notices . Live Better U is a Walmart-paid education benefit program for full-time and part-time associates in Walmart and Sam's Club facilities. Programs range from high school completion to bachelor's degrees, including English Language Learning and short-form certificates. Tuition, books, and fees are completely paid for by Walmart. Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart at https://bit.ly/3iOOb1J . The annual salary range for this position is $143,000.00-$286,000.00 Additional compensation includes annual or quarterly performance incentives. Additional compensation for certain positions may also include: - Regional Pay Zone (RPZ) (based on location) - Stock equity incentives
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related area and 9 years’ experience in product management. Option 2: 11 years’ experience in product management or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration, or related area and 8 years’ experience as a product manager, ideally working on consumer-facing, large-scale, highly complex B2B/C products, Supervisory experience Masters: Business Administration, Masters: Computer Engineering, Masters: Computer Science
Primary Location...850 Cherry Avenue, San Bruno, CA 94066-3031, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.