Principal, Product Manager
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Career Area Product Management
- Job Function Product Management
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition R-1684525
What you'll do...
About the Team
As part of the Walmart Emerging Technology team, you will help reshape how we engage with the world around us through Augmented Reality (AR). We are building new capabilities to allow our customers to shop seamlessly and interact with Walmart using innovative AR experiences that you will be driving. You will create a strategy and alignment around Walmart's AR platform and its product roadmap. You will work as a leader to foster collaboration between engineering, design, and various other product teams. If you are the type of person who feels a personal stake in everything that you work on, has a strong sense of ownership, has an agile mindset, has a passion for process improvement, enjoys solving complex problems, tinkers with the latest technology, knows how to foster strong relationships and build trust, and works for the success of the entire team, then our Principal Product Manager – Augmented Reality could be for you.
What you'll do:
- Capturing product requirements, prioritizing requests, establishing goals, and driving the feature development process.
- Driving product development lifecycle that involves scoping, and delivering end-to-end projects/features that translate customer needs into concise business and product requirements, ensuring project success from design to release, and managing product launches
- Defining and analyzing metrics that inform the success of the overall platform.
- Working with the leadership team to track appropriate metrics, OKRs, key issues, status, and launch plans that inform the continued success of your projects.
What you'll bring:
- 6+ years in product management and emerging technologies.
- 4+ years’ experience managing business stakeholder relationships and analyzing business requirements to provide technology solutions.
- Quantitative or engineering background is preferred.
- Sound business judgment as well as ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, scope technical requirements and prioritize.
- Must be able and willing to think and act strategically and tactically.
About Walmart Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of software engineers, data scientists, cybersecurity expert's and service professionals within the world’s leading retailer who make an epic impact and are at the forefront of the next retail disruption. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. We are people-led and tech-empowered. We train our team in the skillsets of the future and bring in experts like you to help us grow. We have roles for those chasing their first opportunity as well as those looking for the opportunity that will define their career. Here, you can kickstart a great career in tech, gain new skills and experience for virtually every industry, or leverage your expertise to innovate at scale, impact millions and reimagine the future of retail.
Flexible, hybrid work:
We use a hybrid way of working that is primarily in office coupled with virtual when not onsite. Our campuses serve as a hub to enhance collaboration, bring us together for purpose and deliver on business needs. This approach helps us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team and be more flexible in our personal lives.
Benefits: Beyond our great compensation package, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related area and 9 years’ experience in product management. Option 2: 11 years’ experience in product management or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration, or related area and 8 years’ experience as a product manager, ideally working on consumer-facing, large-scale, highly complex B2B/C products, Supervisory experience Masters: Business Administration, Masters: Computer Engineering, Masters: Computer Science
Primary Location...640 W California Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA 94086-4828, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.