Director, Product Planning and Strategy - New Business & Emerging Tech
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Career Area Product Management
- Job Function Product Management
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition R-1512690
What you'll do...
The Product Strategy role for Generative AI will wear multiple hats in serving and activating the change management required to maximize the benefit of generative AI in the Walmart Enterprise. Core functions include building out the strategy for Gen AI and LLM’s, communications, training, and roadmap development. Deep integration into various business units and customer use case needs to inform the 1 – 3 year growth plan for emerging technology in the New Business and Emerging tech organization. Exemplary presentation development skills for the Board, C-suite and general audience in both tech and business specialties a must. Strong retail base is important. Must be curious and a student of the business, continually educating and understanding the leading trends and indicators in the market. Key character traits include data driven, flexible, comfortable with ambiguity and passionate about the customer.
Our team gathers information about customer needs and applies our technological expertise and strategic thinking to create a product roadmap. The product journey is designed to leverage technological excellence to drive customer satisfaction. Walmart's philosophy of Everyday Low Prices is not an easy one to achieve. Being cost-effective is critical because it allows us to optimize all processes and verticals while striving for excellence. Our team is a big part of making this possible.
What you'll do:
- As a member of the growth team of Gen AI you will have the opportunity to discover, communicate and influence cross functional partners in their journey of development and enhanced productivity. This is a diverse role with strong visibility across the enterprise.
- Work with business and tech leaders, communications specialists, product managers, data scientists and solution architects to develop high level understanding of scope and needs to support enterprise growth.
- Communicating roadmaps, trends, cross-functional efforts and needs to a broad base of executives serving all business functions within Walmart through various communication vehicles.
What you'll bring:
- Experience working with market trends within the retail & tech industries.
- Significant experience influencing Leadership via presentations.
- Consulting background in strategy development
Skills we love:
- Product Vision and Strategy: Requires knowledge of Problem formulation and solutioning; Hypothesis framing; Business strategies; Business management practices across multiple domains; Customer segments and needs.
- Driving Customer/ Client Needs: Requires knowledge of: Customer and business problems; Design thinking; Dependencies and impacts on product processes/ways of working; Journey mapping; Process optimization; Communication and influencing techniques.
- Data Driven Product Decisions: To extract insights and promote the value of insight extraction from complex data analytics. Guides and extracts relevant data to drive effective product/business decisions. Demonstrates awareness of best practices in insight extraction from databases techniques.
- Influencing and Building Stakeholder Consensus: To lead discussions with varying viewpoints and influences diverse audiences. Leverages fact-based data and analytics insights to build a cohesive narrative. Demonstrates decision and coordination skills. Provides timely feedback and seeks, internalizes, and utilizes feedback received.
- Technology Orientation: Supports the adoption of new and emerging technologies. Possesses an understanding of complete systems architecture, services involved, and the database and cloud technologies used. Demonstrates awareness of system architectural principles. Demonstrates awareness of technical topics at a conceptual level, as well as the systems and data that enable major capabilities, and drives innovation.
About Walmart Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of software engineers, data scientists, cybersecurity expert's and service professionals within the world’s leading retailer who make an epic impact and are at the forefront of the next retail disruption. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. We are people-led and tech-empowered. We train our team in the skillsets of the future and bring in experts like you to help us grow. We have roles for those chasing their first opportunity as well as those looking for the opportunity that will define their career. Here, you can kickstart a great career in tech, gain new skills and experience for virtually every industry, or leverage your expertise to innovate at scale, impact millions and reimagine the future of retail.
Flexible, hybrid work:
We use a hybrid way of working that is primarily in office coupled with virtual when not onsite. Our campuses serve as a hub to enhance collaboration, bring us together for purpose and deliver on business needs. This approach helps us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team and be more flexible in our personal lives.
At Walmart, we offer competitive pay as well as performance-based incentive awards and other great benefits for a happier mind, body, and wallet. Health benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage. Financial benefits include 401(k), stock purchase and company-paid life insurance. Paid time off benefits include PTO (including sick leave), parental leave, family care leave, bereavement, jury duty, and voting. Other benefits include short-term and long-term disability, company discounts, Military Leave Pay, adoption and surrogacy expense reimbursement, and more.
You will also receive PTO and/or PPTO that can be used for vacation, sick leave, holidays, or other purposes. The amount you receive depends on your job classification and length of employment. It will meet or exceed the requirements of paid sick leave laws, where applicable. For information about PTO, see https://one.walmart.com/notices .
Live Better U is a Walmart-paid education benefit program for full-time and part-time associates in Walmart and Sam's Club facilities. Programs range from high school completion to bachelor's degrees, including English Language Learning and short-form certificates. Tuition, books, and fees are completely paid for by Walmart.
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart at https://bit.ly/3iOOb1J .
The annual salary range for this position is $140,000.00-$240,000.00
Additional compensation includes annual or quarterly performance incentives.
Additional compensation for certain positions may also include:
- Regional Pay Zone (RPZ) (based on location)
- Stock equity incentives
Benefits: Beyond our great compensation package, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related area and 11 years’ experience in product management. Option 2: 13 years’ experience in product management or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration, or related area and 10 years’ experience as a product manager, ideally working on consumer-facing, large-scale, highly complex B2B/C products, Supervisory experience
Primary Location...840 W CALIFORNIA AVE, SUNNYVALE, CA 94086-4828, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.