Director, Product Management
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Product Management
- Job Function Product Management
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition R-1587498
What you'll do...
About the Team
Join the Walmart Connect product team and play a crucial role in developing an innovative, industry-leading omni-channel ad platform at scale. This platform will empower Walmart suppliers to reach millions of shoppers with targeted ads and high-performance campaigns while enhancing the shopping experience. We are seeking a Director of Product Management to spearhead initiatives leveraging state-of-the-art artificial intelligence (AI) technologies in retail media applications. In this position, you will collaborate with diverse business and technical teams, including advertisers, suppliers, partners, and industry standards organizations, to define priorities and develop next-generation AI capabilities for retail media solutions.
• Strong communication, storytelling, and presentation skills.
• Curiosity and ability to think creatively to solve complex challenges.
• Exceptional product leadership and ability to inspire others.
• Experience in AI, digital marketing, advertising, and retail industries.
• Familiarity with information/knowledge management, machine learning, predictive analytics, forecasting, optimization, and conversational AI.
• Knowledge of customer data platforms, identity resolution, digital marketing/advertising platforms, advanced UI/UX, multi-variate testing, and various analytics tools.
• Hands-on experience with Agile methodologies and tools like Jira and Confluence.
• Proven ability to develop vision, strategies, and foster collaborative relationships within complex, matrixed organizations.
• Define vision and strategies for AI capabilities in retail media applications by identifying market opportunities, building business cases, and effectively communicating with leadership teams.
• Collaborate with Walmart enterprise AI teams, engineering & product groups, suppliers, advertisers, and partners to create cutting-edge AI-based retail media solutions.
• Analyze industry trends, conduct competitive analysis, and identify emerging AI opportunities in AdTech/MarTech and retail media.
• Manage product roadmaps, align business and technical needs, analyze customer/partner and product data, transform stakeholder insights into actionable initiatives, and oversee risk management to meet business objectives.
• Drive priority alignment with key stakeholders by communicating product roadmaps and obtaining executive buy-in through effective leadership.
• Lead a high-energy, matrixed team of product managers to establish goals, develop plans, and deliver measurable results.
Join our dynamic team and fuel your passion for driving AI innovation in the retail media landscape. Apply your deep domain knowledge and exceptional leadership skills to make a lasting impact on our enterprise and clients.At Walmart, we offer competitive pay as well as performance-based incentive awards and other great benefits for a happier mind, body, and wallet. Health benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage. Financial benefits include 401(k), stock purchase and company-paid life insurance. Paid time off benefits include PTO (including sick leave), parental leave, family care leave, bereavement, jury duty, and voting. Other benefits include short-term and long-term disability, company discounts, Military Leave Pay, adoption and surrogacy expense reimbursement, and more. You will also receive PTO and/or PPTO that can be used for vacation, sick leave, holidays, or other purposes. The amount you receive depends on your job classification and length of employment. It will meet or exceed the requirements of paid sick leave laws, where applicable. For information about PTO, see https://one.walmart.com/notices . Live Better U is a Walmart-paid education benefit program for full-time and part-time associates in Walmart and Sam's Club facilities. Programs range from high school completion to bachelor's degrees, including English Language Learning and short-form certificates. Tuition, books, and fees are completely paid for by Walmart. Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart at https://bit.ly/3iOOb1J . The annual salary range for this position is $169,000.00-$338,000.00 Additional compensation includes annual or quarterly performance incentives. Additional compensation for certain positions may also include: - Regional Pay Zone (RPZ) (based on location) - Stock equity incentives
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related area and 11 years’ experience in product management. Option 2: 13 years’ experience in product management or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration, or related area and 10 years’ experience as a product manager, ideally working on consumer-facing, large-scale, highly complex B2B/C products, Supervisory experience Masters: Business Administration, Masters: Computer Engineering, Masters: Computer Science
Primary Location...850 Cherry Avenue, San Bruno, CA 94066-3031, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.