Director, Product Management
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Product Management
- Job Function Product Management
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition R-1641111
What you'll do...
Walmart's Product team places customers and associates are at the heart of everything we build. We're a curious bunch. We dream big, but we also hold ourselves accountable for reaching our goals. We get to apply our product management expertise on the world's biggest stage.
We are at the forefront of innovation. We partner with technologists and scientists who fall in love with the problems and collaborate across teams to create inclusive, award-winning products.
About The Team
As a part of Walmart's eCommerce Product team, you'll be the voice of our customer. Walmart was founded with the belief that the customer is #1. It's not just a belief, but our way of doing business. With the customer at the forefront, we can help deliver save both time and money for our customers no matter how they shop with us and reach them in new, exciting ways.
The eCommerce Product team builds products to enhance the experience for millions of customers who shop with us online or use the app to shop in our stores. You'll leverage the best and latest technologies to develop experiences that have changed the industry.
The Personalization team is responsible for winning our customers' loyalty by tailoring experiences to each customer's unique needs, preferences, and values. The team leverages sophisticated machine learning to understand our customers and guide them through their shopping journeys, recommending them the best products and services that fit their expectations and shopping behaviors. We shape experiences across eCommerce journey and beyond, meeting our customers with relevant recommendations anywhere on their journey with Walmart.
As a Director of Product for Personalized Recommendations, you will lead a team of highly motivated individuals and be responsible for driving the vision, the strategy and the execution of product and content recommendations to grow customer engagement with Walmart. You will be challenged to think how we delight our customers every day. You will be partnering with engineering, data science, design and multiple cross-functional partners to reimagine the recommendations platform that will serve our customers’ evolving needs across multiple shopping journeys.
You'll Make Impact By
- Defining product vision and strategy for Personalized Recommendations
- Bringing a passion to product management at scale
- Problem solving in partnership with cross-functional stakeholders
- Defining and measuring key success metrics
- Developing and implementing strategies to attract great product talent
- Driving the culture of collaboration and fun
We're looking for a dynamic leader who is...
- Customer Obsessed - you will always start with customer's needs first and obsess over every aspect of her experience. You will work to reduce customer effort and aim to delight her with best recommendations possible tailored to her journey, how she is engaging with us, what she needs next. Never fail a customer!
- Creative & Innovative - you are an innovative thinker and able to synthesize data from multiple sources (including analytics, user research, and design) to identify key unmet needs and solutions that can address the needs. You relish in solving problem in simplest possible way!
- Collaborative & Influential - you have the ability to influence executives and work collaboratively with a large number of teams to make the vision of the product successful. You build bridges!
- Curious & Data-driven - you are comfortable with big data technologies and ML tools. You consider yourself analytical and draw insights from new & varied information and inputs. You are always learning!
- Strategic - you are able to translate product strategy into detailed specifications, making functional and user interface design tradeoffs, managing product launches and owning the product successes post-launch. You solve for long term while delivering results now.
- A Product Leader - you lead and inspire teams, evangelize product strategy and vision and develop a talented team. You are empathetic leader who draws the best from all.
What You Should Be Excited About
- Solving complex challenges
- Customer-centric spirit
- Operating like a startup at scale! Our speed of execution is one of the best in the industry.
- Influencing others, leading teams, managing stakeholders, and communicating clearly
- Experimenting, Testing and learning
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related area and 11 years’ experience in product management. Option 2: 13 years’ experience in product management or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration, or related area and 10 years’ experience as a product manager, ideally working on consumer-facing, large-scale, highly complex B2B/C products, Supervisory experience Masters: Business Administration, Masters: Computer Engineering, Masters: Computer Science
Primary Location...850 Cherry Avenue, San Bruno, CA 94066-3031, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.