Director, Product Management
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Product Management
- Job Function Product Management
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition R-1679912
What you'll do...
Walmart Commerce Technologies (WCT) is a new start up team within Walmart Global Tech commercializing internally developed technologies. WCT team is focused on externalizing proven Walmart technologies and packaging them for retailers and other companies. The Director, Product Strategy and New Verticals will be responsible for leading the product strategy for expansion into new verticals and streamlining the operational programs and processes within the group. Success in this role requires high comfort with ambiguity and an entrepreneurial mentality.
1) Evaluate new technology solutions for commercialization potential including market landscaping, customer research, competitor analysis and business trends identification
2) Determine feasibility for commercializing solution, including business case development
3) Build MVP scope including target customer segment and key success metrics
4) Test MVP in market, iterate based on customer feedback, and assess product market fit
5) Lead a team of product managers to launch and test new products in market
6) Build and maintain operational programs, reports and processes to guide product development and client operations across WCT
Bachelors degree and 10-12 years of experience in product management
3-5 Experience with building and launching a new product in high growth SaaS start-ups
Engineering background a positive
3-5 years experience in Retail technologies
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related area and 11 years’ experience in product management. Option 2: 13 years’ experience in product management or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration, or related area and 10 years’ experience as a product manager, ideally working on consumer-facing, large-scale, highly complex B2B/C products, Supervisory experience Masters: Business Administration, Masters: Computer Engineering, Masters: Computer Science
Primary Location...850 Cherry Avenue, San Bruno, CA 94066-3031, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.