Senior Product Manager
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Product Management
- Job Function Product Management
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition R-1710252
What you'll do...
The Senior Product Manager – Technology Commercialization will be responsible for driving commercialization opportunities of technology assets including opportunity evaluation, business case development, product rollout and scaling. In this role, the Senior Product Manager will function as a business owner and manage the relationship with commercial partners and ensure success of the commercialized products
Success in this role requires high comfort with ambiguity, entrepreneurial mentality and passion for new technologies. The Senior Product Manager will work with several cross-functional teams (product, engineering, marketing, etc.) for roll out
- Evaluate the technology, conduct research, determine competitive landscape and business trends, and perform quantitative analysis to evaluate potential opportunities.
- Define an MVP for a B2B product and the analytics to define success of product.
- Create the roadmap for feature set roll out and monitor progress to milestones.
- Manage relationships with commercial parties; negotiate commercial agreements and contracts; manage partnership integration.
- Work with cross functional teams to answer questions and make scope trade off decisions for successful partnership
- Ensure post-launch support and validate success of commercialized product
- Determine path to scale product and maintain operational success
- Bachelor’s degree and 7 -9 years of experience in product management / consulting /start up and / or MBA degree with 3 years of experience
- 3 years of experience with Shipping/Supply Chain or Delivery products
- Pre-MBA experience in consulting firms a positive
- Experience with building and launching a new product in a start-up environment
- Experience developing go to market strategies, negotiating complex commercial contracts and managing post launch customer success plans
- Engineering background a positive
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related area and 5 years’ experience in product management. Option 2: 7 years’ experience in product management or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration, or related area and 4 years’ experience as a product manager, ideally working on consumer-facing, large-scale, highly complex B2B/C products Masters: Business Administration, Masters: Computer Engineering, Masters: Computer Science
Primary Location...850 Cherry Avenue, San Bruno, CA 94066-3031, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.