Director, Product Management
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Career Area Product Management
- Job Function Product Management
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition R-1664459
What you'll do...
About the Data Management and Services Organization team:
The Data Management and Services organization focuses on managing and delivering capabilities that enable data and model lifecycle management. Data Literacy drives awareness, education and knowledge on capabilities and foundations. We build the comprehensive foundations for the definition of data across the enterprise and enable third party data enablements. Third party data acquisition enables the organization to optimize their programs through utilization of data assets. We empower our business to leverage data to fuel growth, drive revenue, build new business model opportunities supporting our culture of data excellence.
The Director, Data and AI Management will build the data management organization, roles, responsibilities, and key competencies for their area of responsibility. This role requires a mix of broad business and technical acumen, the ability to inspire and influence decisions, and effective skills to communicate with key internal partners.
What you’ll do:
- Define the enterprise data management roadmap including strategic priorities for data and AI model management; develop requirements and provide technical support for the on-going implementation of data management across the business and tech organizations
- Define and execute plans for data management operationalization; partner with Data Excellence functional teams to ensure delivery of communications, training, governing bodies, and business engagement of priority initiatives; support implementation of Data Management programs as SMEs
- Define and implement data quality, metadata management, data lineage, and master data management programs to support business requirements
- Define and implement lifecycle management, assessment, catalog, and monitoring programs to support business requirements
- Develop the Data Management playbook to support implementations and onboarding
- Serve as a liaison between Business and Technology to ensure that data requirements are clearly defined, communicated and well understood and considered as part of operational prioritization and planning
- Manage the Enterprise Working Groups (i.e. Enterprise Data Standardization, Data Quality) and collaborate with the stakeholder communities to capture stakeholder requirements
- Set ambitious and clear vision and communicate ‘the story’ effectively to key stakeholders
- Develop a view of ROI/Business value created considering resource and expenses against business value created.
- Demonstrate a passion for details with the ability to ideate and problem solve actively with business leaders, product, data science, and engineering stakeholders
- Develop and implement strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce that functions as a center of excellence in the clarity of business needs and corporate alignment and communication to all levels of the organization.
- Cultivate an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics by integrating these values into all programs and practices
- Serve as a liaison between business, operations and technology to ensure that data-related business requirements are clearly defined, communicated and well understood and considered as part of operational prioritization and planning
- Partner with engineering team to implement tools and technology to support data and AI management strategic objectives
What you’ll bring:
- You think and act strategically; you create strategies for your organization that align with the company’s strategies and lead to the achievement of business priorities
- You build trust, respect and cooperation among teams which develop into constructive working relationships
- You make sound judgments by using objective financial and business analyses to evaluate the returns and risks of business choices
- You promote a customer/member-focused environment. You combine experience, insight, and data to determine how to best exceed customer/member needs
- You optimize execution and results, by using the advantage of company size, internal and external resources, and talent to achieve success
- You have a healthy balance of business and technical acumen and can apply these in real-world activities
- You inspire commitment by developing and communicating logical, convincing justifications, including lessons learned
- You develop talent and replacement plans for own organization that increases effectiveness, builds diversity, and enhances bench strength
- You build and sustain trusting, collaborative relationships and alliances across functional, organizational, and geographical boundaries to achieve goals
- Knowledge of data management practices, business and technology issues related to management of enterprise information assets
- Experience in Agile Development, with Product Owner experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related field
- Minimum of 10 years of experience with large-scale data or project management and oversight experience
About Walmart Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of software engineers, data scientists, cybersecurity expert's and service professionals within the world’s leading retailer who make an epic impact and are at the forefront of the next retail disruption. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. We are people-led and tech-empowered. We train our team in the skillsets of the future and bring in experts like you to help us grow. We have roles for those chasing their first opportunity as well as those looking for the opportunity that will define their career. Here, you can kickstart a great career in tech, gain new skills and experience for virtually every industry, or leverage your expertise to innovate at scale, impact millions and reimagine the future of retail.
Flexible, hybrid work:
We use a hybrid way of working that is primarily in office coupled with virtual when not onsite. Our campuses serve as a hub to enhance collaboration, bring us together for purpose and deliver on business needs. This approach helps us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team and be more flexible in our personal lives.
Benefits: Beyond our great compensation package, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related area and 11 years’ experience in product management. Option 2: 13 years’ experience in product management or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration, or related area and 10 years’ experience as a product manager, ideally working on consumer-facing, large-scale, highly complex B2B/C products, Supervisory experience Masters: Business Administration, Masters: Computer Engineering, Masters: Computer Science
Primary Location...221 RIVER ST, HOBOKEN, NJ 07030, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.