Senior Product Manager, Social Commerce
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Career Area Product Management
- Job Function Product Management
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition R-1710156
What you'll do...
Senior Product Manager
Walmart’s social commerce team places customers at the heart of everything we build. We are looking for our next product manager to help innovate for our customers, working alongside our Business partners, UX, Engineering and Data teams to tackle high stakes problems.
The Social Commerce Team drives strategic and exciting experiences like social discovery, fundamentally changing the way people shop. As one of the fastest growing functions within the Walmart organization - we value individuals who are customer obsessed, data-informed, and have a bias towards action.
As part of the Social Commerce product team, your charter will be to deliver engaging experiences for customers to discover social content, in interactive ways that deepen their connection with their favorite creators and products.
You will leverage the best-in-class methods to reinvent the way customers shop and we are looking for self-starters who can partner effectively with stakeholder teams to drive execution. Innovating on the world’s biggest stage, you’ll get to lead the execution of major cross-team customer-facing solutions. This is that place. This is Walmart.
If you are motivated by complex, purposeful challenges, being a Senior Product Manager, focused on Social Discovery Initiatives could be the fit you’ve been looking for.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Reimagining the social discovery experience across the Walmart.com ecosystem with a group of talented designers, product managers, engineers, and data scientists
- Defining the product execution strategy and prioritizing bets effectively to drive value for customers.
- Build collaborative relationships with cross-functional teams by driving priorities aligned to business goals and ensuring complete visibility of features to your stakeholders.
- Test and learn – you will define A/B tests with your analytics partners, measure success, suggest improvements, iterate on your products and features, and tell compelling stories with data and UX
- Evangelize a platform-thinking culture
Who you are:
- Customer obsessed - you will always start with customer’s needs first and obsess over every aspect of their experience. You will work to reduce customer effort and aim to delight them with the best possible social discovery platform.
- Creative and Innovative- You are able to synthesize data from multiple sources to identify key unmet needs and solutions that can address problems. You relish in solving problems in the simplest possible way.
- Collaborative - you have the ability to work collaboratively with large number of teams to make the product vision successful
- You’re comfortable influencing others, managing stakeholders, getting buy-in and communicating clearly.
- You have a test and learn mentality and a structured way of working to improve your team’s products.
- 6+ years of experience in product management
- Experience building digital products/features in partnership with design, engineering, key stakeholders
- Experience working with business and marketing stakeholders on a day-to-day basis.
- Experience making data-driven product decisions and defining product roadmaps.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related area and 5 years’ experience in product management. Option 2: 7 years’ experience in product management or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration, or related area and 4 years’ experience as a product manager, ideally working on consumer-facing, large-scale, highly complex B2B/C products Masters: Business Administration, Masters: Computer Engineering, Masters: Computer Science
Primary Location...221 RIVER ST, HOBOKEN, NJ 07030, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.