Principal, Product Manager
- Location DALLAS, TX
- Career Area Product Management
- Job Function Product Management
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition R-1641926
What you'll do...
Walmart’s People Product organization is focused on transforming the associate experience through consumer-grade AI-driven digital experiences. Our mission is to activate Walmart’s people-led and tech-powered strategy by building people experiences that serve associates across Walmart US, Sam’s Club, Walmart International and Campus. Our portfolio spans all aspects of the associate journey, including talent acquisition, talent management, workforce planning, learning, benefits, compensation, associate listening, time and attendance, core HR, payroll and more. We proudly serve as a key driver of innovation within Walmart's Global People organization, reporting through Walmart’s Chief People Officer.
Here, you'll have the opportunity to bring your ideas to life, work on 0->1 products and make a lasting impact on the associate experience. Innovation is ingrained in our culture, fostering out-of-the-box thinking, creative problem-solving, and a willingness to challenge norms. Our team values open communication, respect, associate-centricity, and strategic thinking that’s anchored on driving outcomes for our business and 2 million associates across the globe. We are reimagining the future of HR, leveraging AI to empower associates, making the complex simple, and enabling the Global People organization’s boldest digital ambitions.
About the role:
We are in search of an exceptional Principal Data Product Manager to steer our People Data initiatives. In this critical position, you will define, develop, and manage data products that aren't just sets of raw information, but valuable, scalable, and customized assets designed to enrich user experiences and solve specific problems.
This role demands a deep understanding of data as an intangible yet highly valuable product, with unique aspects of scalability, customization, and compliance. You'll work closely with cross-functional teams—including data scientists, engineers, and business stakeholders—to bring these specialized data products from concept to deployment. You'll be responsible for the entire lifecycle: ideation, development, launch, and ongoing management. You'll also leverage data-driven insights for decision-making, ensuring we stay at the forefront of innovation in the People Data space.
Your influence won't end with the product; you'll engage with customers and partners to understand needs, ensure alignment, and secure resources for product development. Additionally, you'll be a thought leader in areas like data governance, privacy, and security regulations specific to our industry.
If you have a blend of technical, strategic, and business acumen and are passionate about leveraging data to create tangible impact, this opportunity is tailor-made for you.
What you’ll be doing…
- Develop and own the product roadmap for People Data, focusing on user experiences and data product creation to serve our users effectively.
- Build and maintain consistent relationships with customers, proactively identifying their needs and working to create scalable processes for gathering and analyzing customer experiences with People Data.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including data scientists, engineers, and business stakeholders, to bring data products from ideation to deployment.
- Drive the "Go-to-Market" strategies for People Data products to ensure mass adoption and seamless integration into user workflows.
- Independently articulate problem statements, define success metrics, and leverage data-driven decision-making to continuously improve People Data product offerings.
- Manage the adoption of new and emerging technologies related to People Data, ensuring products remain at the forefront of innovation in this space.
- Interface with and influence partners to secure resources and alignment, ensuring successful product development and implementation.
- Lead discussions with varying viewpoints, effectively influencing diverse audiences and promoting a cohesive narrative around People Data products.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to team members on product roadmap, development best practices, and strategic prioritization.
What you will bring…
- Deep understanding of customer needs and demonstrated experience in creating data products that effectively serve users.
- Proven track record of developing and owning roadmaps for complex products, with the ability to navigate organizational and other internal constraints.
- Deep understanding of data science, machine learning, analytics, and data engineering principles.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
- Exceptional communication and presentation abilities, with a knack for translating complex technical concepts into understandable terms for non-technical stakeholders.
- Proven experience leading cross-functional teams and driving organizational change.
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates a user-centric approach to data product development.
- Familiarity with data governance, privacy, and security regulations applicable to the industry.
Benefits & Perks
At Walmart, we offer competitive pay as well as performance-based incentive awards and other great benefits for a happier mind, body, and wallet. Health benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage. Financial benefits include 401(k), stock purchase and company-paid life insurance. Paid time off benefits include PTO (including sick leave), parental leave, family care leave, bereavement, jury duty, and voting. Other benefits include short-term and long-term disability, education assistance with college degrees, company discounts, military service pay, adoption expense reimbursement, and more.
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Health
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related area and 9 years’ experience in product management. Option 2: 11 years’ experience in product management or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration, or related area and 8 years’ experience as a product manager, ideally working on consumer-facing, large-scale, highly complex B2B/C products, Supervisory experience Masters: Business Administration, Masters: Computer Engineering, Masters: Computer Science
Primary Location...603 MUNGER AVE STE 400, DALLAS, TX 75202, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.