Principal Product Manager - People Product, Workforce Strategy
- Location DALLAS, TX
- Career Area Product Management
- Job Function Product Management
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition R-1645362
What you'll do...
About the Team/Position
Do you enjoy solving complex problems and building experiences that delight end users? As a part of Walmart’s People Product organization, you’ll be part of the team that creates the digital products, services, and platforms for more than 2 million associates across Walmart. Here, you’ll leverage best-in-class technology like machine learning and artificial intelligence to make the complex, simple; the unimaginable, doable; the futuristic, realistic.
The People Product team creates the career journey for our associates from the moment they are hired to the point where they leave our organization. As part of the product management team, you will be responsible for building experiences in the Workforce Planning domain, with the core mission of enabling strategic workforce planning across the enterprise through automated, data-driven intelligence workforce planning tools, backed by machine learning. In this role, you’ll work with many cross functional teams to develop strategies and solutions, conduct competitive benchmark and vendor tool assessment, while listening to our end users to realize a solution that meets their needs and exceeds their expectations.
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity to make a significant impact, apply now to join Walmart's People Product team!
Key skills, knowledge, and abilities:
- At least 5 years of Product Management experience at a consumer or enterprise software company, preferably with expertise in strategic planning and workforce planning, but at least within the HR and people technology space
- Defining vision and strategies for your product family using domain expertise and internal and external best practices to identify market opportunities, build business cases, and gain buy-in from executive leadership
- Experience leading large, cross-functional projects to determine rollout strategy and manage risks
- Experience creating product roadmaps, product requirements documents (PRDs), user stories, and acceptance criteria
- Experience with design thinking, persona journey mapping, user and market research, creating storyboards, and generating quick feedback loops in an agile delivery model
- Experience defining success criteria and identifying key metrics to measure adoption and identify opportunities for improvement
- Ability to prioritize workload and self-manage projects, balance multiple tasks, and meet deadlines
- Being able to communicate well at different levels, particularly having experience presenting to executive leaders
You’ll make an impact by…
Providing overall direction by analyzing business objectives and associate needs. Partner with senior leaders from functions including Workforce Planning, People data, and Financial Planning & Analysis to understand current processes and frameworks, identify pain points, define problem statements, objectives and key results, and design tools that will facilitate strategic workforce planning.
Experience leading RFPs (requests for proposal) and conducting vendor capability analysis to produce vendor selection recommendations, specifically in the Workforce Planning / Strategy space
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks
At Walmart, we offer competitive pay as well as performance-based incentive awards and other great benefits for a happier mind, body, and wallet. Health benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage. Financial benefits include 401(k), stock purchase and company-paid life insurance. Paid time off benefits include PTO (including sick leave), parental leave, family care leave, bereavement, jury duty and voting. Other benefits include short-term and long-term disability, education assistance with college degrees, company discounts, military service pay, adoption expense reimbursement, and more.
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Health
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related area and 9 years’ experience in product management. Option 2: 11 years’ experience in product management or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration, or related area and 8 years’ experience as a product manager, ideally working on consumer-facing, large-scale, highly complex B2B/C products, Supervisory experience Masters: Business Administration, Masters: Computer Engineering, Masters: Computer Science
Primary Location...603 MUNGER AVE STE 400, DALLAS, TX 75202, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.