(USA) Senior Manager II, Data Science, eCommerce Product
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Job Function Data Science and Analytics
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition R-1614181
What you'll do...
We are seeking an experienced Principal Data Scientist to join our Walmart eCommerce Product Analytics team. As a member of our team, you will be responsible for developing and executing data-driven strategies to improve our eCommerce product offerings and customer experience.
What You’ll Do
- Use statistical modeling and machine learning techniques to analyze large and complex data sets to solve business problems and identify new opportunities
- Drive experimentation for Walmart eCommerce products. Collaborate with cross-functional teams including engineering, UX design, product management, and business analytics to develop data-driven insights and recommendations
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of our customers, products, and business operations to inform data-driven decisions - Manage, mentor, and lead a team of data scientists to ensure high-quality work and growth opportunities for team members
- PhD or equivalent degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or a related field
- 8+ years of experience in a data science or analytics role, with proven experience in developing statistical models and algorithms to drive business impact
- 8+ years of A/B testing experience
- Demonstrated expertise in machine learning, optimization, and experimentation techniques
- Strong programming skills, especially in Python or R, and familiarity with big data tools and technologies such as Hadoop and Spark
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to translate complex analytical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- Proven experience in managing and mentoring a team of data scientists
We offer competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, and a vibrant and collaborative work environment to help you achieve your career goals. Join us in our mission to provide customers with the best possible eCommerce experience and shape the future of retail!At Walmart, we offer competitive pay as well as performance-based incentive awards and other great benefits for a happier mind, body, and wallet. Health benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage. Financial benefits include 401(k), stock purchase and company-paid life insurance. Paid time off benefits include PTO (including sick leave), parental leave, family care leave, bereavement, jury duty, and voting. Other benefits include short-term and long-term disability, company discounts, Military Leave Pay, adoption and surrogacy expense reimbursement, and more. You will also receive PTO and/or PPTO that can be used for vacation, sick leave, holidays, or other purposes. The amount you receive depends on your job classification and length of employment. It will meet or exceed the requirements of paid sick leave laws, where applicable. For information about PTO, see https://one.walmart.com/notices . Live Better U is a Walmart-paid education benefit program for full-time and part-time associates in Walmart and Sam's Club facilities. Programs range from high school completion to bachelor's degrees, including English Language Learning and short-form certificates. Tuition, books, and fees are completely paid for by Walmart. Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart at https://bit.ly/3iOOb1J . The annual salary range for this position is $184,000.00-$260,000.00 Additional compensation includes annual or quarterly performance incentives. Additional compensation for certain positions may also include: - Regional Pay Zone (RPZ) (based on location) - Stock equity incentives
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelors degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field and 5 years' experience in an analytics related field. Option 2: Masters degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field and 3 years' experience in an analytics related field. Option 3: 7 years' experience in an analytics or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Data science, machine learning, optimization models, PhD in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Information Technology, Operations Research, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Econometrics, Successful completion of one or more assessments in Python, Spark, Scala, or R, Supervisory experience, Using open source frameworks (for example, scikit learn, tensorflow, torch)
Primary Location...640 W California Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA 94086-4828, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.