E2E Product Manager / Data Science
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Data Science and Analytics
- Job Function Data Science and Analytics
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition R-1597821
What you'll do...
You’ll make an impact by…
- Reframing of business activations and decision engines into ML/AI processes designed to achieve the near and long term business impact objectives.
- Relentlessly focusing on creating agile prototypes implementing a unified consumer signal (i.e. optimization, causal DAGs, forecasting, addressable market demand), consolidation of cross-functional planning, and a business choices framework.
- Performing discovery, assessment, and ML/AI reengineering of existing decision engines to enable connected and harmonized intelligence to achieve targeted business outcomes.
- Partnering with Operations and Product team on research and proposals for roadmap integrations of new and viable AI technologies including evaluation of 3rd party software.
- Partnering with Retail Analytics to develop insights and pilot measurement of concepts in support of agile and iterative improvement processes.
What you'll bring:
You’ll sweep us off our feet if…
- You are passionate about driving ML/AI transformation for a Fortune 1 company!
- You have an analytical mindset and a general understanding of AI/ML techniques.
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate and communicate at the necessary level of detail depending on the audience, including senior leadership.
- You have strong product skills (not limited to but including discovery, backlog curation, persistent prioritization, road mapping, shepherding builds, collaboration with data scientists, and ownership of key business outcomes).
- You demonstrate being able to communicate horizontally and vertically across many stakeholders.
- You have shown an ability to build relationships and influence without authority.
About Walmart Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of software engineers, data scientists, cybersecurity expert's and service professionals within the world’s leading retailer who make an epic impact and are at the forefront of the next retail disruption. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. We are people-led and tech-empowered. We train our team in the skillsets of the future and bring in experts like you to help us grow. We have roles for those chasing their first opportunity as well as those looking for the opportunity that will define their career. Here, you can kickstart a great career in tech, gain new skills and experience for virtually every industry, or leverage your expertise to innovate at scale, impact millions and reimagine the future of retail.
Benefits: Beyond our great compensation package, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelors degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field and 4 years' experience in an analytics related field. Option 2: Masters degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field and 2 years' experience in an analytics related field. Option 3: 6 years' experience in an analytics or related field
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Data science, machine learning, optimization models, PhD in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Information Technology, Operations Research, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Econometrics, Successful completion of one or more assessments in Python, Spark, Scala, or R, Using open source frameworks (for example, scikit learn, tensorflow, torch)
Primary Location...805 SE Moberly Ln, Bentonville, AR 72716, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.