Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Senior Director I, Product Development - Private Brands, Dry Grocery
Senior Director I, Product Development - Private B...
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Job Function Merchandising and Online Operations
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition R-1478513
What you'll do...
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make to create the future of retail, from responsible sourcing to sustainability – and everything in between.
As a Senior Director of Private Brands for the Dry Grocery area, your expertise, vision and strategy will allow you to see the products your team develops come to life in stores and online. You’ll make a direct impact on the business and help families all over the world save money and live better. Along the way, you’ll be guided by our deep-rooted culture and have the support and tools you need to do your job, learn, grow and succeed.
What you’ll do…
As a Senior Director in Private Brands, you will lead a team of product development managers that work cross-functionally across the merchandising organization to develop a cohesive customer strategy. You will manage key performance metrics that drive profitable growth, develop robust partnerships with merchants and suppliers, and use vision and creativity to impact the customer experience through compelling assortments. You know your customer needs better than anyone else and are constantly thinking about what is next for your business. Success in this role requires tenacity, an analytical mindset, maniacal focus on quality, influence, and a competitive spirit. You’ll use your executive presence to work with suppliers and merchants at all levels, influence merchant strategy and navigate interesting, complex challenges.
You’ll make an impact by performing the following responsibilities:
- Provides overall direction for team by analyzing business objectives and customer needs; developing, communicating, building support for, and implementing business strategies, plans, and practices; measuring outcomes to ensure desired results; identifying and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; promoting a customer environment; and demonstrating adaptability and sponsoring continuous learning.
- Leads the implementation of large, cross-functional and cross-organizational Private Brands initiatives that impact operational efficiency and customer experience. Communicates strategic initiatives by influencing and collaborating with cross functional teams; gathering knowledge from relevant sources; analyzing the potential return on investment; developing assessments of key opportunities; documenting project scopes; developing long-range plans and project timelines; and providing updates and progress reports to senior leaders.
- Oversees the development of product specifications and supplier alignment through the product lifecycle to ensure customer needs are met through new item development. Championing process adherence to deliver the right product on the right timeline. Ensures all product meets quality and experience expectations for each brand.
- Collaborates with internal and external partners to determine product needs, conducting industry benchmarking, resolve issues, and ensure alignment.
Develops financial and cost reduction strategies, analyzing performance metrics based on overall strategic direction; providing guidance and innovative solutions to leadership on initiatives to minimize cost and maximize sales growth; ensuring category direction supports goals and will grow sales according to plan; reviewing sales and directing changes as necessary; and communicating updates and changes to senior leadership.
- Manages department objectives and activities related to product strategies by overseeing research to gain insight into current and future customer needs; reviewing data to determine impact to the business; streamlining processes for product development and delivery; aggregating research information to provide business intelligence; benchmarking within the industry to identify trends and opportunities to grow profit and sales; and communicating protocols to United States teams and offshore sourcing teams and making recommendations to senior leaders on new or enhanced product offerings.
- Develops and implements strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce by diagnosing capability gaps; recruiting, selecting, and developing talent; supporting mentorship, workforce development, and succession planning; and leveraging the capabilities of new and existing talent.
- Cultivates an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics by integrating these values into all programs and practices; developing consequences for violations or non-compliance; and supporting the Open Door Policy.
- Develops and leverages internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals by sponsoring and leading key community outreach and involvement initiatives; engaging key stakeholders in the development, execution, and evaluation of appropriate business plans and initiatives; and supporting associate efforts in these areas.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Design, or related field
- 6+ years’ experience in design, merchandising, marketing, or related area
- 2 years’ supervisory experience
- Expertise in retail product development, sourcing and/or merchandising, preferably in grocery retail or consumer packaged goods
- Expertise in buying and/or sales, private brands in a retail environment
- 5+ years’ supervisory experience
- 6+ years’ experience negotiating with third-party suppliers
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Design, or related field and 6 years’ experience in design, merchandising, marketing, or related area OR 8 years’ experience in design, merchandising, marketing, or related area. 2 years’ supervisory experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Financial Modeling and Analysis, Microsoft Office, Product Development, Programming Language - VBA, Project Management, Statistical Programming Language - Structured Query Language (SQL) Masters, Masters: Arts Lean Six Sigma Champion Certification - Certification, Project Management - Project Management Professional - Certification
Primary Location...702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
"I focus on continual improvement. Results don’t just come, they happen from hard work and having great teams helping you along the way."— Dontai, Order Specialist/Process Manager
Hello, NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth
Frequently asked questions
On average, how long does it take to fill out an application?
Can I change my application after submitting?
How do you protect my personal information?
What are the recommended Internet Browsers for applying for open roles?
Recently viewed jobs
Something looks off?