Product Manager- II - Data
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Wednesday, July 26, 2023
About The RoleUber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building the technology people use every day. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.As a PM in Uber’s FinTech team, you will drive the product charter to account for all financial activity occurring on the platform at a global scale! Think Debits and Credits for billions of Trips!We are seeking an outstanding and hard-working Product Manager with technical/analytical depth, product intuition and daring spirit to drive the revenue systems roadmap.The role demands principled thinking, a stubborn refusal to settle, daring innovation, and a mentality that is always user-centered. With a champion team at a global footprint, such as our star Engineers, Product Designers, Operations and Data in a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment we will together build tools, contextual experiences and implement policies to engender trust among our stakeholders!---- What the Candidate Will Do ----
- Manage day-to-day technical and design direction.
- Ability to influence multiple partners without direct authority.
- Work with Accounting, Strategic Finance and Uber lines of business stakeholders to book revenue and costs, assets and liabilities automagically for all new activity occurring on the platform.
- Build a multi-year revenue systems strategy that incorporates Uber’s Mobility, Delivery and Payments initiatives
- Partner with Engineering leadership and UI/UX experts to execute on the above strategy, delivering value with each milestone reached. Measure success using KPIs defined within Revenue systems.
- Provide strategic and operational direction to a talented team of Application Developers.
- Evaluate and own decisions between buying and building products in the Revenue space
- Lead large cross-functional teams to deliver large scale projects from inception to deployment, including influencing and selling on the product vision
- Master a deep understanding of revenue, billing, and invoicing processes and data flows in order to communicate, assess, prioritize with partners
- Execute a large portfolio of projects supporting multiple products and partners
- Ensure financial systems in scope are designed and developed with appropriate automated controls for SOX compliance, regulatory tax compliance, segregation of duties, access controls.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or equivalent;
- 1+ year working experience in software engineering / development (backend, fullstack, mobile, machine learning, cloud computing, etc.)
- 6+ years of experience in building, scaling, and delivering highly successful and innovative financial systems
- Experience in one or more of the following: Cloud infrastructure, software as a service, big data, security and privacy, development and operations, or artificial intelligence/machine learning.
- Knowledge of multiple functional areas such as Product Management, Engineering, UX/UI, Sales, Customer Support, Finance or Accounting.
- Understanding of distributed systems, stream processing, data modeling, APIs (Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.)
- Comfortable delivering solutions that cope with very large volumes of data
- Comfortable with SQL and open source database technologies (Hive, Presto, etc.)
- Experience in Revenue Accounting, Billing, Accounts Receivables
- Experience with global public companies strongly preferred
- Strong technical acumen and a deep understanding of Accounting processes, in particular in the revenue, billing and invoicing domain.
- Expertise in Financial Systems and products for revenue management
- Proven track record of hiring, building out and training teams of Product Managers, Business Analysts to deliver high quality products
- Proven capability in delivering financial systems end to end; building out a strategy from inception all the way to requirements, design, build and post production support