Group Product Manager - Earner Online Experience
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, March 31, 2023
Good things happen when people can move, whether across town or toward their dreams. What started as a way to tap a button to get access to a ride has led to Uber becoming a verb with a million rides happening every hour empowering ~5.5M earners to make a living on the platform and powering billions of moments of human connection as people around the world go anywhere and get anything with the help of our technology. About The RoleUber is looking for a Group Product Manager for its online platform team for its driver and courier app and to lead a talented team of product managers. This is a high-impact role as they will work cross-functionally across both Mobility and Delivery to innovate the driver and delivery peoples’ experience. Uber provides millions of users worldwide with a flexible, respectful, and reliable way to earn a living on our platform. As the lead for the Online experience team for the driver app you will strive to provide earners the best experience while they are on the job: enhancing their pickup and drop-off experience for anything and anyone, anywhere. What You’ll Do
- As the lead for the Online experience platform team, you will enable earners to have access to one of the most innovative gig platforms in the world empowering them to have a simple, delightful, and intuitive experience every single time, so they can focus on what they do best. You will enable other teams to build on your platform so earners can seamlessly switch from driving to delivering to grocery shopping, and everything in between. This is an exciting opportunity to really make an impact at Uber and for earners. Come join us!! Our team has a worldwide charter
- You will obsess over UX/UI details as well as feel comfortable diving deep into metrics. In addition, you will learn about balancing multiple sides of our exciting marketplace business and think through the complexities of the Uber business. You will need to be an inspirational leader and not just a manager. Internalize and deeply understand Uber’s mission and strategies, as well as the mission and objectives of your team. Formulate a long and short-term product strategy to develop breakthrough products based on deep customer insights, and business needs.
- Understanding the differences between markets and different local regions is critical. You will work with our regional teams to understand issues on the ground and make those solutions a part of your roadmap.
- Develop trusted relationships with partners and make strategic trade-offs informed by data. Collaborate and partner with engineering/business to develop a clear roadmap and drive execution across the organization. Work with researchers to conduct a program of quantitative and qualitative insight gathering and evaluation. Anticipate and remove obstacles that slow down or prevent us from delivering on product and program objectives.
- Effectively present and communicate product strategy, implementation, and growth plans to various communities ranging from business audiences and senior leadership.
- Build and foster a strong team culture with a focus on execution and results. Be a talent magnet: Help recruit the best to Uber, and manage a world-class team of Product Managers directly and a very talented cross-functional peer team indirectly.
- Minimum 7 years of experience delivering highly successful and innovative consumer Internet products with your fingerprints all over them - you're extremely proud of what you've accomplished
- Product Sense - Stellar design instincts and product taste. You own what you build.
- Management Experience, with a track record of hiring and retaining strong PM talent
- Experience running experiments to assess the effectiveness of releases
- Use data to align teams and drive strategic decisions.
- Customer obsession: a clear track record of delivering elegant solutions for true user problems!
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s Degree or equivalent degree in a technical field.
- Entrepreneurial experience (startup or smaller business offshoots in a corporate environment, and a curiosity for learning)
- True passion for Uber's mission, our products, and the company's hybrid technology/operations nature
- Experience delivering highly successful and creative user-facing products.
- Have Customer Empathy - Think about the "why" before the "what".
- Ability to advise and evaluate engineering decisions.
- History of building healthy cross-functional relationships and focusing on team accomplishments rather than individual.
- Have a "Driver" mentality. You are biased toward action, a great collaborator, and constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery.
- Grittiness. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on.
- Consistent track record of hiring, developing, and deploying top talent while simultaneously reducing costs and cycle times.
- Proficient in groundbreaking knowledge of product management and new ways to launch and scale products within the organization.
- Ability to drive and empower multi-functional teams while excelling and thriving in a fast-paced, fluid, collaborative environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially in describing product management concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
- A strategic, forward-looking problem solver with a participatory management style and team-building skills, who can act quickly and decisively when required.
See more open positions at Uber
Something looks off?