Principal Product Manager, Credit Card
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our millions of members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront. We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
SoFi is seeking a Senior Product Manager to elevate our SoFi Credit Card product and business. In this role, you will drive the strategic and tactical aspects of credit line and account management. You will develop the systems and tools that enable our members and internal teams to perform account actions responsibly, fostering trust in SoFi products.
As a key cross-functional player, you will collaborate closely with Engineering, Design, Risk, Fraud Protection, Collections, Business Unit Leads, and other Product Managers to define priorities, set an ambitious agenda, and be accountable to results reported at the executive level.
What You’ll Do:
- Define and deliver product solutions and systems for credit line adjustments, risk mitigation, and responsible account closures.
- Collaborate across teams to automate and streamline risk, fraud prevention, and collections processes.
- Articulate comprehensive product strategies, plans, and requirements that align stakeholders and provide robust product definition.
- Partner closely with engineering to own and manage the backlog.
- Monitor, measure, and balance user friction with safety and risk management needs.
What You’ll Need:
- 5-7 years of product management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant field.
- A proactive, results-oriented approach to your work.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated ability to grasp complex user scenarios, technical concepts, and business drivers to make well-informed decisions.
- Keen attention to detail and proficiency in distilling complex issues.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate with remote teams.
Nice to Have:
- Experience in financial services products, especially credit cards or lending products.