Director, Product Management - Credit Card
Employee Applicant Privacy Notice
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our millions of members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront. We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
We are seeking an experienced, strategic, and highly collaborative product leader with top-notch communication skills to build and scale the Credit Card product experiences and business at SoFi. This role is central to the success of SoFi’s Credit Card product and the overall mission of SoFi to help our members get their money right and achieve financial independence. You will have an opportunity to end-to-end own, shape and deliver a compelling best-in-class Credit Card experience leveraging technology and design. You will be responsible for setting the vision, identifying opportunities and key inputs, setting goals, defining the member experiences and delivering features. As a product leader in our organization, we look to you to set big, ambitious goals, be gritty, and hold yourself and your cross-functional teams accountable to deliver results on behalf of our members. You will also be responsible to hire, coach, scale and manage a team of product managers to fulfill the organization’s mission.
This role is inherently cross-functional—you will work closely with engineering, design, data science, marketing, operations, finance, risk, legal, compliance and executive teams to set business objectives, define product strategy, prioritize features and execute on them. You’ll play the critical role of driving the business while bridging the technical and business worlds to drive profitable business growth while managing risk.
What you’ll do:
- Own and define the vision, strategy and product roadmap for Credit Card experiences
- Create and evangelize a product vision and own a multi-year product roadmap, including prioritizing and driving backlogs for launch with your dedicated engineering teams
- Communicate the vision, strategy, execution plan and customer impact/learnings to all stakeholders including the highest levels of leadership in the company
- Hire, coach and scale a team of product managers with senior/principal level talent
- Collaborate closely with the full cross-functional team (e.g., marketing, product, design, engineering, compliance, risk, finance and operations) for your line of business & initiatives, to help execute on the strategic vision
What you’ll need:
- Full stack “operator”: ability to both create and execute the business and product strategy; with clear objectives, but limited, ambiguous, or varied direction
- Ability to operate cross-functionally, leading and influencing colleagues, and ultimately leading to timely tactical decision making to advance our objectives
- Flexible and collaborative approach to problem solving and ideation in a highly ambiguous environment
- Superior communication skills, written and verbal. Experience presenting to C-level leadership
- Deep curiosity for how complex (financial) systems work, and an ability to internalize and analyze this information quickly
- A blend of demonstrated business, product management, financial management and execution skills
- Experience in a cold start business or startup environment; entrepreneurial mindset
- Experience delivering quality software that solves business and user needs
- Data-driven approach and excellent analytical skills
- Passion for your customers! You do right by them, always
- Bachelor’s degree or higher with a technical discipline
- 7-10 years of product management experience
- At least 2+ years of experience managing a team of product managers
Nice to have:
- 10+ years in product management or general management
- Experience owning and managing a P&L
SoFi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
New York applicants: Notice of Employee Rights
Due to insurance coverage issues, we are unable to accommodate remote work from Hawaii or Alaska at this time.
Something looks off?