Director, Product Management Commerce Cloud Checkout
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
The Commerce Cloud Transact PM will join our team working with Engineering, UX, and GTM teams to deliver our Cart, Checkout, and Payments products. Our vision is to help our customers to convert buyers with a single transactional engine for all of Salesforce, supporting every financial transaction in every Cloud from the simplest Pay Now to the most complex Checkout flows. The PM will work with research teams and customers to understand the best product we can deliver, help to define the roadmap, author Epics with clearly defined goals and acceptance criteria, and work directly with scrum teams to deliver on that vision.
- Experienced with Commerce and Payments industries and products
- Passionate about high quality user experience and creating products that engage and delight
- A patient and persistent advocate for excellence
- Comfortable leading through ambiguity
- Able to inspire a diverse and dedicated team to do their best work in service of a shared vision
- Strongly opinionated, but you hold your opinions lightly and are quick to adapt to new information and always open to a better answer
- A pragmatic visionary, comfortable bridging the space between big ideas and down-in-the-weeds details
- Skilled at navigating multiple priorities and making tradeoffs to deliver the highest value to customers
- Lead the product vision, understand our customers’ and partners’ business needs, spot new opportunities, and turn your insights into a roadmap, backlog, and requirements.
- Be a “source of truth” for and co-own the success of marketing, sales, channel partners, customer support and other teams that help deliver our products to market by acting as an external voice for Transact.
- Work in close partnership with our UX team to turn requirements into elite design artifacts and with our engineering teams to create technical architecture and actionable work.
- Continuously prioritize work so that we are always focused on what is most important.
- Collaborate closely with partners including Stripe, Paypal, and Apple to align and deliver customer value.
- Collaborate closely with other product managers to align features and schedules across our various work streams.
- Define, align, and drive cross cloud adoption roadmaps for Transact adoption across all Salesforce clouds.
- Evaluate and advocate for development of new whitespace opportunities in the Transact product portfolio.
- Deliver GTM and P&P strategies for Transact products.
- Above all, do all of the little things that are needed in order to iterate and improve the product.
Required skills and experience:
- 8+ years of product management experience; you have delivered successful products to hundreds of thousands if not millions of users — and learned from the mistakes you’ve made along the way!
- Experience working directly with customers to understand their needs, align their expectations, and balance competing demands.
- Hands-on experience creating concise, clear epics and user stories for an agile engineering team.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a distributed remote team.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills — you will be the face of the product to a diverse range of internal and external partners.
- Software engineering or equivalent technical experience. You don’t need to be an engineer, but you should be comfortable having detailed technical conversations and helping make wise tradeoffs.
- Experience with Enterprise B2B software and CRM platforms, especially Salesforce
- Experience with internationalization and localization to serve a global user base.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.For Washington-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $193,200 to $280,200.For California-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $210,800 to $305,600.Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles may be eligible for incentive compensation, equity, benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.salesforcebenefits.com.