Senior Director, Finance Global Consumer Products
Overview and Responsibilities
Consumer Products and Experiences is the commercialization unit of Paramount that brings our Company's stories and characters to life. We do this through innovative and engaging physical products and experiences across more than 50 categories: from toys and apparel to books and console games, as well as live experiences. We are home to premier teams of licensing and retail experts, artists, storytellers, and technologists who inspire inspirations around the world!
CP Licensing Finance is a highly visible global team responsible for the identification, analysis, and development of pivotal initiatives to drive the long-term profitability and growth of CP businesses worldwide.As the Senior Director, Global CP Licensing Finance, you will be an integral member of the team, reporting to the VP, Global CP&E Finance, and will be responsible for the development of CP’s financial management strategy. This role leads global CP financial planning and provides strategic and analytical guidance for the CP Commercialization teams to drive revenue and OI growth.
• Lead an 8-10-person team of Finance Directors, Managers, and Analysts across several worldwide locations
• Analyze business performance, including licensing royalty revenue from various perspectives and dimensions such as brands and franchises, product categories, licensees, consumer demographics, distribution channels, and business models
• Formulate cohesive global annual 5-Year Plan, annual budget, and quarterly licensee forecast, working closely with the CP Business, Strategy and Insights teams
• Support monthly and quarter-end closing regarding revenue recognition and accrual process with an emphasis on forecasting accuracy
• Dive deeply into financial data, predict future financial trends, and proactively provide insights and financial advice to senior management
• Track and provide updates on new business initiatives across regions and franchises; develop and share standard processes globally
• Provide financial and strategic support to North America and Global deal negotiations including collaborating with regional finance and business teams
• Develop presentation materials with quantitative/qualitative insights and supporting analysis for senior leadership team
• Work within the matrix organization to support business operations across regions and across lines of business
• 12+ years’ experience in Consumer Products and/or Licensing Finance experience
• Bachelor’s degree required, preferable in Finance or Accounting/Economics
• CPA, MBA preferred
• Entertainment and Global Finance experience a plus
• Strong analytical skills, capable of leading and running an array of initiatives from project initiation through final presentation
• Ability to implement major initiatives globally
• Nimble and versatile with the ability to lead multiple businesses and challenging priorities
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to convey complex information to shape, influence, and drive decision making
• Ability to build and lead an impactful, distributed team; Cultivates a culture of people development and learning
• Actively seeks diverse views and furthers an inclusive team environment
Paramount Global (NASDAQ: PARA, PARAA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic studios, networks and streaming services, Paramount's portfolio of consumer brands includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount+, Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. Paramount delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, the company provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions.
Hiring Salary Range: $139,200.00 - 184,000.00.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement. This position is bonus eligible.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.paramount.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to [email protected]. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.