Product Manager, Cloud Infrastructure - Compute
Other Engineering, Product
Remote · United States
Posted on Thursday, June 8, 2023
It’s an amazing time to be joining Netflix as we continue to transform entertainment. We deliver billions of hours of movies and TV shows per month to more than 230 million members in over 190 countries. At Netflix, we want to entertain the world. To achieve this, we must be able to rapidly build and ship innovative experiences for our members and creators all around the globe.
Within the Platform Engineering organization, our mission is to maximize the impact of Netflix engineers by simplifying and accelerating their experience. In cloud infrastructure, we focus on increasing agility, efficiency, and reliability of our compute, networking, and storage offerings, while reducing operational burden and empowering faster innovation. Ultimately, we aim for Netflix engineers to spend less time on repetitive engineering tasks, unnecessary complexity, and undifferentiated heavy lifting so they can spend more time helping Netflix entertain the world.
We are looking for a principal technical product manager to drive the evolution of our compute platform and serverless strategy at Netflix. Computing workloads represent a significant portion of our cloud spend. Our infrastructure must support the diversity of use cases and workloads that exist across Netflix, including batch, stream processing, stateless and stateful services, offline and online algo & machine learning models, encoding workloads, and more. This is a unique opportunity to drive the product vision & strategy across a broad set of use cases to simultaneously manage more for users and optimize fleet-wide efficiency.
What you will do
- Deeply understand and triangulate across customer needs, product analytics, and external industry innovation to drive product vision and strategy for compute offerings that maximize business and customer impact
- Partner closely with senior management and engineering teams to define and align with stakeholders on vision, strategy, and roadmaps
- Develop product roadmaps in partnership with relevant product and engineering teams that execute on product vision and strategy and inform our engineering teams of what problems need to be solved
- Define how we will measure the success and effectiveness of our products and drive the execution and continuous evaluation of those metrics
- Create strong partnerships with Netflix engineers creating continuous feedback loops that allow us to better understand their problems
- Ensure we are solving the right problems by sourcing input from multiple channels and prioritizing effectively to drive maximum impact for Netflix
- Ensure that our product evolution thoughtfully addresses product lifecycle and adoption/migration experience and provides clear guidance and recommendations to Netflix engineers
- Help evolve Platform Engineering’s customer engagement model, communication strategy, and prioritization and planning/roadmapping practices
What We’re Looking For
- 8+ years of experience as a Technical Product Manager
- Proven track record of managing & evolving a product portfolio and driving product vision & strategy
- A healthy blend of deep technical knowledge with customer-focused mindset and empathy
- Demonstrated passion for compute platforms and developer experience, tools, workflows
- Strategic thinker that can connect customer use cases to technology solutions and think holistically about end-to-end experience
- Ability to manage a portfolio of bigger and smaller bets while balancing short-term goals and long-term vision
- Comfortable applying a combination of qualitative and quantitative methods to define success
- Leverages product intuition and judgment to solve problems and make decisions without perfect information
- Insatiable curiosity to learn new domains, keep up with industry innovation, and constantly ask ‘why’
- Excellent communication skills; timely communication with clear expectations
More About Cloud Infrastructure @ Netflix
At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job family, background, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
The overall market range for roles in this area of Netflix is typically $300,000 - $900,000
This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which is in line with our compensation philosophy. Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate diversity, recognizing that diversity of thought and background builds stronger teams. We approach diversity and inclusion seriously and thoughtfully. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, ancestry, national origin, caste, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic makeup, marital status, or military service.