Product Manager, Gastroenterology
Burlingame, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, August 25, 2023
Who We AreNeptune Medical is a seven-year-old, 120-person VC funded Silicon Valley start-up. Neptune is developing products in GI Endoscopy, Cardiovascular and Endoluminal Robotics. In this Upstream Product Manager, GI position you will play a leading role in defining and executing a successful commercial portfolio for Neptune's GI Endoscopy products, including the Pathfinder® and other future pipeline products. We are looking for an outstanding individual to be a foundational team member of our GI team. Candidates will be considered for Product Manager/Sr. Product Manager depending on experience. About The RoleThe Upstream Product Manager, GI is focused on the development and execution of strategic business and tactical plans for the Pathfinder Franchise. The individual in this role will provide strategic franchise recommendations primarily and will also assist with the management of downstream initiatives and tactics to advance growth and profitability for the business. Your Responsibilities Will Include
- Lead the creation of robust Marketing plans and the identification of high-value franchise opportunities including value proposition, customer targeting and product positioning.
- Collect and translate voice of market and voice of customer (VOM and VOC) needs into clearly defined objectives, product requirements and market/use specifications.
- Partner cross-functionally with Market Development in their efforts to establish portfolio opportunities.
- Provide timely financial analysis and direction to the Sales Management team highlighting customer level opportunities.
- Gain alignment with Franchise stakeholders on new marketing strategies and opportunities.
- Track performance against portfolio objectives and plans, formulating new approaches and strategies as needed, including contingency plans for critical tactical plans.
- Identify best practices to address key business challenges and opportunities.
- Support the development and execution of new product launch strategies.
- Use classic marketing capabilities: market understanding, market segmentation, product positioning, message development, channel identification, tool and communication creation and execution to further business objectives.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Willing to be hands-on and a team player, potentially wearing many hats.
- B.S. or M.S. in Biology, Engineering, Pre-Med, Business, or related degrees.
- 5+ years of medical device or product launch experience.
- 3+ years' experience in either upstream (new product development) or downstream (heavily preferred, product launch/commercialization), sales experience, or combination of relevant experience.
- Ability to travel up to 25%. High value courses and events my require limited weekend travel.
- Product Development Process management experience.
- Possess creativity, with an inventive aptitude balanced with discipline and detail-orientation.
- Located within the San Francisco Bay Area, with the ability to be present at HQ in Burlingame, CA.
- Serve as a clinical expert and functional advisor to external and internal customers.
- Foster strong relationships with US KOLs to help shape franchise plans and product adoption.
- Develop a strong clinical acumen and deep understanding of gastroenterology.
- Become the face of the GI Marketing franchise by demonstrating leadership to internal and external customers.
- Exhibit professional maturity and help to foster an open, challenging, stimulating and positive environment that enables colleagues to be their best.
- Master's/MBA preferred.
- Experience in GI Endoscopy.
- Ability to collaborate and work with others in a dynamic, matrix environment.
- Demonstrated success supporting and/or managing complex projects.
- A short cover letter showing us that you have read this and are responding to our needs. This really matters! Tell us why you could be great in this role.
- Your resume.
- Samples of your work. This could be a link to a website, a portfolio in PDF or word, some JPGs or whatever you think can give us a sense for what you have done.