Technical Product Owner
Johnson & Johnson
Johnson & Johnson GMED BV is recruiting a Technical Product Owner located in the European Distribution Center in Courcelles, Belgium.
This job is an excellent position in a dynamic and exciting business environment, including grow opportunities. You will be part of the regional and global supply chain technology team working in a fast paced organization connecting to multiple partners at local, regional and global level.
Own vision and prioritization of new features and/or enhancements to a product / platform (or scope of the product addressed by the squad) and help translate business needs into prioritized user stories; accountable for value delivery and value realization at the squad level
- Shape the squad vision / roadmap and steer the squad in delivering products / platforms features / work oriented around business impact
- Shape and prioritize backlog, utilizing business expertise and understanding of customer needs, translate requirements into user stories & acceptance criteria
- Balance business value with technical feasibility while prioritizing stories and features, optimizing cost and improving delivery efficiency
- Act as the “voice of the customer” within the squad to ensure the squad “builds the right thing”
- Plan resourcing for the squad (i.e. new role, change in role), create Service demand requests, interview, select and onboard members to join the squad
- Accountable for shaping and hitting squad OKRs
- Work closely with Product/Platform Manager to establish the products’ business value and support messaging, comms and customer outreach as necessary
- Ensure the products / features / work meets relevant security, privacy & compliance standards
- Drive continuous improvement across the product lifecycle
- Drive engagement with third parties to support delivery of squad objectives
- Drive selection of solution options, work with the Lead Engineer to assess tech elements of the solution prior to user testing
- Facilitate release planning, sprint planning and demos with stakeholders
- Interact with other Squads within the Product / Platform as part of synchronization ceremonies to implement cross-squad tasks
- Drive reporting and analytics to provide visibility on squad performance and monitor sprint metrics and user results
- Work with Lead Engineer to balance tech debt with feature delivery
- Own and manage documentation and information
- Collaborate to ensure all partners are clear on product roadmap activities, design, interdependencies and timelines
- Actively participate in all squad ceremonies; leads and optimizes the flow of value using various tools and reporting cadence
- A bachelor's degree is required or equivalent experience
Experience and Skills
- Minimum 3+ years of working experience in a logistics and distribution environment.
- Experience gathering requirements and translating into a product vision by leveraging their expertise in product development, engineering and UX
- Deep understanding of business/processes and high-level understanding of high-quality digital product delivery
- Experienced in managing a product backlog/release plan, tracking team level metrics, attend product team ceremonies, removing blockers (burn down chart, release burn up,
- Experienced in developing systems and tools to enable customer interactions and collaboration in SAP EWM and related applications.
- Knowledge in SAP S4, SAP EWM, SAP Embedded EWM, Labeling, Scanning, GS1 concepts, Application integration (WebMethods, PI, API).
- Knowledge of the medical devices is preferred.
- Knowledge of AGILE and JIRA applications.
Leadership skills and behaviors:
- Creates a culture that relentlessly focuses on helping the people and organizations we touch
- Commitment to Our Credo, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (who we are and what we believe) by ensuring we are attracting, developing and retaining talent that reflect the communities our teams serve
- Equipped with foundational knowledge and methods to identify, engage, and build empathy with their customers, and apply these methods to their daily work
- Focuses on Business agility, Agile delivery with a fail-fast mindset , and measurable outcomes
- Demonstrated success in leading cross-functional self-organized teams
- Contributes ideas that challenge thinking
- Strong problem-solving skills with ability of accurately analyze situations and reach productive decisions based on informed judgment. Understanding of customer journeys and customer experience
- Language requirements: English, knowledge of French is an asset (verbal - written)
- Open for limited travel (max 5 %) when appropriate (both national or international.)
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Something looks off?