VP, Regional Commercial Strategy, IMM/Nipo
Johnson & Johnson
Aim of job:
The VP, Regional Commercial Strategy (RCS), reporting to the VP, AP Commercial Strategy, Medical Affairs & Market Access, leads and executes the commercial strategies for given Therapeutic Area (TA) with TA-level financial accountabilities for both top-line and budget (expenses). The RCS Leader ensures collaboration with country BULs on both demand generation and investment prioritisation. In addition, this position provides AP perspective to the Global TA end-to-end strategy (E2E) and portfolio prioritization for the relevant TA to maximize long-term portfolio value for AP.
Working within cross-functional and highly matrixed teams, the RCS Leader guarantees connectivity among local, regional and global key internal stakeholders to ensure that AP customer insights and unmet needs are incorporated into Global plans, AP launch readiness and business processes are optimized, and market-competitive performance is delivered according to the projected growth aspiration.
- Defines the AP TA vision and establishes commercial strategies for the compounds in full collaboration with key Global, Regional and Local stakeholders and where appropriate Alliance Partners.
- As a member of Global cross-functional teams, shapes and develops the global strategy for TA, by playing a key role in progressing critical decisions throughout appropriate Global and Regional governance
- Ensures the AP interests are reflected in Global Commercial, R&D, Alliance and other relevant programs.
- Proactively engages across functions & organizations to drive future-oriented market & customer insights and to explore adjacencies and synergies for the TA.
- Leads active partnerships with AP operating companies to ensure launch readiness for current and future assets as well as implementation of critical life cycle programs.
- Leads the Regional IVT (Integrated Value Team) who will be responsible for the value creation and commercialization of individual brands within the Therapeutic Area.
- Ensures the optimal (co-)positioning of the portfolio, builds a robust and highly differentiated value proposition and shapes robust IEGP strategy that support it.
- Actively partners with Market Access organization to ensure optimized access, pricing, and reimbursement within the evolving healthcare landscapes in AP markets
- Acts as a business ambassador for the company interacting with a multi-stakeholder portfolio across AP regions in order to increase company/ brand awareness and reputation.
- Develops AP TA commercial strategy and business case to deliver market-competitive revenue growth for the relevant brands/TA across AP
- Ensures Value Excellence is incorporated into all aspects of the Regional and Local commercial strategy of the TA in accordance to the product life cycle stages.
- Actively engages on all NPP activities within the TA, and is responsible for developing competitive launch plans while securing budget at AP level by driving innovation, challenges and optimizes Go to Market strategy in order to maximize commercial performances for the brands in pipeline
- Leads the building of robust forecast model and revenue projection in a data-driven, transparent and future-focused manner and tracks the market performance for continuous improvement
- Secure and allocate the right resources for TA to drive growth, while challenging spending decisions of OpCos and providing thought leadership to AP senior management for making optimal investment trade-off decisions to maximize portfolio value
- Ensures leverage of best practices across the TA and AP.
- Builds high-performing team with strong pipeline of talents and the culture of innovation, inclusion and integrity
- Selects, develops, and retains superior quality people. Conducts annual performance reviews with direct reports to help support the creation of a diverse, high performing AP Commercial Strategy organisation.
- Is an inspirational leader applying networking and collaboration competencies across the teams.
- Ensures Credo Values are demonstrated in the day to day interactions of the TA Team.
Main performance measures:
- Achieve Commercial performance measured across the portfolio through revenue delivery
- Budget Management for the TA across AP including all OPCO’s
- Market Share Performance and other related KPIs (such as duration of therapy)
- Successful launch
- Excellence in Execution of business plan and strategies
- Innovative, commercially strong initiatives
- HCC, data privacy, compliance to laws and regulations
- Strong collaborator and ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams
- Global Commercial Strategy Leader
- Global Commercial Strategy Organization
- Market Managing Directors
- Disease Area Strategy Leader
- Business Unit Head
- Integrated Value Team Leaders
- Cross-sector, JJIC and Diagnostics
- Supply Chain Management
- Regional Key Opinion Leader
- Key Non-Clinical Stakeholders
- Alliance Partners
Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required. An advanced degree in business or life sciences is preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years of progressive commercial leadership is required with a proven track record of exceptional team & cross-functional leadership.
- Significant line marketing experience with senior brand responsibility is required. Regional marketing experience and launch experience is preferred.
- P&L management capabilities, including operational capability to understand P&L responsibilities as well as ability to challenge spending decisions of OpCos
- Experience in NPP asset management with broad end to end understanding of drug development process and local launch needs
- Experience with R&D programs and the development of medical strategy is preferred.
- Must exhibit behaviours aligned to the J&J Global Leadership Profile including but not limited to: integrity-credo based actions, collaboration and teamwork, sense of urgency, results driven and people development.
- Awareness of and adherence to J&J Credo Values, SOPs, Policies and Guidelines.
Something looks off?