Sr Manager, Global Product Management (Uro)
Johnson & Johnson
Robotics & Digital Solutions, part of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is recruiting for a Senior Manager, Global Product Management (Uro) located in Redwood City, CA.
Robotics and Digital Solutions, is part of Johnson & Johnson Med Tech. At Johnson & Johnson Robotics and Digital Solutions, we’re changing the trajectory of health for humanity, using robotics to enhance healthcare providers’ abilities and improve patients’ diagnoses, treatments, and recovery times. Johnson & Johnson Robotics was established in 2020 with the integration of Auris Health, Verb Surgical, C-SATS, and Ethicon. It comprises three key med-tech platforms: Flexible Robotics (MONARCH®), Surgical Robotics (OTTAVA™), and Digital Solutions. Join our collaborative, rapidly growing teams in the San Francisco Bay Area (Redwood City and Santa Clara), Cincinnati, and Seattle. You’ll collaborate on breakthrough medical technologies that unite multiple subject areas to build a connected digital ecosystem that advances medical professionals’ skills and improves patient outcomes.
The Senior Manager, Global Product Management (Uro), will be responsible for leading the Flexible Robotics Urology product line, working closely with R&D, supply chain, and Monarch cross functional team to deliver on the product roadmap of launches to enhance the value proposition of the Monarch platform. Reporting to the Senior Director, Product Management for Monarch, this role will provide decisive strategic and executional leadership to ensure continued sustainable profitable growth of the business.
- Lead the definition of the product including what it does and the intended target segment(s) as well as the target product profile
- Lead qualitative and quantitative market research efforts and VoC to leverage data to inform development to ensure robotic system features and functionality meet and/or exceed customer expectations and support a compelling value proposition
- Leads competitive and market assessments for related robotics systems categories and substitutes/alternates to ensure the product development efforts are aligned and abreast with market trends
- Partners with R&D and other functions to ensure the execution of programs per the defined target product profile on time
- Leads the product management deliverables as part of the product development process including evidence generation strategy, pricing strategy, product positioning, service strategy, launch plans, etc.
- Builds and maintains business cases for the product line that continue to support the program investments and accurately reflect long term value to the business
- Partners with downstream marketing, sales, and training teams to ensure readiness for launch, gather ongoing customer feedback to support the business objectives
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field is required, MBA or advanced degree highly preferred
Required Skills and Experience:
- At least 8 years of experience in healthcare/medical devices including at least 6 years of product management experience
- Experience in both upstream and downstream marketing activities
- New product launch experience in the medical technology space
- Experience working with technical and other cross-functional teams defining product requirements, executing product management deliverables, usability studies, and product launch activities including training
- Knowledge of marketing research and analysis, including (VOC) voice of the customer
- Experience working with integrated hardware and software products
- Strong strategic and analytic skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to navigate and achieve business impact across a MedTech matrix organization
- Leadership, strong communication, relationship development, collaboration, project management and organizational influence skills
- Experience managing teams and the ability to identify and develop talent
- Demonstrated track record of increased product management and/or marketing responsibilities
- Proven ability to go from strategy to execution and deliver results in the market
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience in medical robotics marketing
- Experience in a capital and consumables medical technology business
- This position will be based out of Redwood City CA and may require up to 40% travel both domestic and international
- The anticipated base pay range for this position is $130,200 to $224,825
Do you want to be part of a diverse team delivering innovative products to market? Apply today!
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional, and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Something looks off?