Director of Outbound Product Management, Cloud Business Intelligence
Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote and in-office roles. By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:
In-office locations: Boulder, CO, USA; Sunnyvale, CA, USA; Seattle, WA, USA; New York, NY, USA.
Remote location(s): California, USA.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 15 years of experience in product management or related technical roles.
- Experience operating in an entrepreneurial environment and scaling new and emerging products from the ground-up.
- Experience bringing innovative, industry-leading, and category-defining tech products to market.
- Experience working in an enterprise technology setting, bringing expertise in Software as a Service around unified communications, content, collaboration, and meetings.
- Experience operating in a global role and on a global scale.
- Understanding of the cloud market and competitive dynamics/customer adoption behaviors.
- Excellent narrative and story-telling skills that support usage, adoption, and market momentum.
About the job
As the Director of Outbound Product Management for Cloud Business Intelligence, you will play a pivotal role as the technical/domain expert who owns the external messaging for the product, related solutions, and competitive differences. You will partner with product management and product marketing, and will be responsible for developing and executing all go-to-market activities that drive business performance and customer satisfaction.
In this role, you will be focused on putting customers first. You will anticipate their needs before they even arise and will be able to go beyond standard market research to predict where the market is trending and where future opportunities lie. Utilizing insights and data to influence product strategy and investment, you will help scale products from the ground-up, organize product launches, and create a repeatable go-to-market process.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $246,000-$361,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Define business goals, audiences, buyer’s journey, strategy, solutions, positioning, key tactics, budget, and dependencies. Drive cross-functional consensus and enlistment to deliver business results.
- Create product demos and presentations for prospective customers. Identify technology-driven strategies for customers or partner success and operational efficiency. Plan, design, and deploy technical solutions.
- Interact with analysts at a product level. Speak at customer advisory councils, conferences, user groups, meetups, and run hackathons.
- Partner with solution-specialists at product-level to drive requirements for vertical or horizontal solutions. Assist Training and Enablement teams to train technical sellers.
- Provide direct and online sales functions with the tools and insights required and ensure that sales teams and partners have the evidence they need to close the agreement.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.