Senior Product Manager, BigQuery, Google Cloud
This role may also be located in our Playa Vista, CA campus.
Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote and in-office roles. By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:
In-office locations: Sunnyvale, CA, USA; Atlanta, GA, USA; Austin, TX, USA; Bellevue, WA, USA; Kirkland, WA, USA; Los Angeles, CA, USA; New York, NY, USA; Raleigh, NC, USA; Durham, NC, USA; Seattle, WA, USA; San Francisco, CA, USA.
Remote location(s): United States.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of experience in product management, consulting, co-founder, or related technical role.
- 3 years of experience building and shipping technical products.
- Experience developing/launching products/technologies within one or more of the following: Cloud, SaaS, enterprise, internal tools, or supply chain networks.
- Experience driving product goal, go-to-market strategy, and design discussions.
- Experience managing day-to-day technical and design direction.
- Broad knowledge of the enterprise data warehousing and data analytics product market segments.
- Understanding of the use cases ingesting, preparing, and transforming data for analysis, including enterprise data warehouses and data lakes.
- Ability to influence multiple stakeholders without direct authority.
- Expertise with various data tools like Informatica, Fivetran, DBT, etc.
About the job
At Google, we put our users first. The world is always changing, so we need Product Managers who are continuously adapting and excited to work on products that affect millions of people every day.
In this role, you will work cross-functionally to guide products from conception to launch by connecting the technical and business worlds. You can break down complex problems into steps that drive product development.
One of the many reasons Google consistently brings innovative, world-changing products to market is because of the collaborative work we do in Product Management. Our team works closely with creative engineers, designers, marketers, etc. to help design and develop technologies that improve access to the world's information. We're responsible for guiding products throughout the execution cycle, focusing specifically on analyzing, positioning, packaging, promoting, and tailoring our solutions to our users.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) enables customers to build, test, and deploy applications on Google’s highly-scalable and reliable infrastructure.
BigQuery is one of the largest products within GCP and a strategic differentiator driving GCP growth. BigQuery is a fully managed, petabyte-scale data warehouse with the mission of making intelligent insights and data-driven decision-making available to any organization, at any scale. As the Product Manager on the BigQuery Data Integration team, you will play a critical role in defining and building how customers get data into BigQuery including how they prepare, transform, and govern this data for analytics.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $164,000-$252,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Own the goal and roadmap across the full product lifecycle, from concept, design, implementation, and launch/landing.
- Work with the Engineering team to build the next generation experience for getting data into BigQuery.
- Collaborate across sales, marketing, and outbound product management to increase data gravity within BigQuery.
- Work closely with key partners like Fivetran, DBT, etc. to ensure that BigQuery's capabilities meet technical and business objectives of customers.
- Be the go-to person for questions about BigQuery data integration.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?