Product Manager, BigQuery
This role will be remote until October 2022 or when the Google office in Pune opens, (whichever is earlier). After this, you will be required to work from the Google Pune office.
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Bangalore, Karnataka, India; Pune, Maharashtra, India.
- 12 years of experience in product management
- Experience with access control systems for securing relational databases and data warehouses
- Experience with enterprise data warehousing and data analytics product market segments
- Knowledge of the functionality and implementation of Cloud Identity and Access Management (IAM) systems
- Understanding of customer use cases around data security and governance, and data sharing for enterprise data within key industries such as financial service, retail, advertising, and healthcare
- Technical skills for working with engineering teams to ensure that product features meet architectural and technical requirements
About the job
At Google, we put our users first. The world is always changing, so we need Product Managers who are continuously adapting and excited to work on products that affect millions of people every day.
In this role, you will work cross-functionally to guide products from conception to launch by connecting the technical and business worlds. You can break down complex problems into steps that drive product development.
One of the many reasons Google consistently brings innovative, world-changing products to market is because of the collaborative work we do in Product Management. Our team works closely with creative engineers, designers, marketers, etc. to help design and develop technologies that improve access to the world's information. We're responsible for guiding products throughout the execution cycle, focusing specifically on analyzing, positioning, packaging, promoting, and tailoring our solutions to our users.
The BigQuery product team is building a center of excellence for engineering in India, with a focus on enterprise capabilities including managed storage, security and governance, and data sharing. You will work closely with this engineering team, along with other product managers, product marketing, user experience designers, industry teams, and early adopters to build offerings that meet customer and market expectations.
Google is an engineering company at heart. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on users around the world. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, social to local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Understand the data analytics ecosystem, markets, competition, and user requirements in depth.
- Launch new BigQuery features and enhancements, monitor usage and adoption, and iterate on improvements.
- Work collaboratively with Engineering, Marketing, Legal, UX, and other cross-functional teams on BigQuery capabilities.
- Work closely with key customers and early adopters to ensure that BigQuery capabilities meet technical and business objectives.
- Develop innovative solutions to difficult problems by collaborating as needed across regions, product areas, and functions.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?