Group Outbound Product Manager, Google Cloud
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Sunnyvale, CA, USA; Kirkland, WA, USA; Los Angeles, CA, USA; Seattle, WA, USA.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 12 years of experience in outbound product management or related technical/product roles.
- 5 years of experience building and shipping technical products.
- Experience bringing tech products to market.
- Master’s degree or PhD in a technology or business related field.
- Experience operating in a hyper-growth/entrepreneurial environment, scaling new and emerging products from the ground-up, and translating commercial business models/needs into technical solutions.
- Domain area experience including API management, big data, infrastructure, compute, or developer operations.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and influence multiple stakeholders without direct authority.
- Outstanding narrative and storytelling abilities that propel usage, adoption and market momentum.
About the job
At Google, we put our users first. The world is always changing, so we need Product Managers who are continuously adapting and excited to work on products that affect millions of people every day.
In this role, you will work cross-functionally to guide products from conception to launch by connecting the technical and business worlds. You can break down complex problems into steps that drive product development.
One of the many reasons Google consistently brings innovative, world-changing products to market is because of the collaborative work we do in Product Management. Our team works closely with creative engineers, designers, marketers, etc. to help design and develop technologies that improve access to the world's information. We're responsible for guiding products throughout the execution cycle, focusing specifically on analyzing, positioning, packaging, promoting, and tailoring our solutions to our users.
As a Group Outbound Product Manager for Google Cloud, you will play a pivotal role as the technical/domain expert who owns the external roadmap for the product, related solutions and competitive differences. Partnering closely with product management and product marketing teams, you will be responsible for developing and executing go-to-market activities that drive business performance, product adoption and customer satisfaction.
In this role, you will be focused on putting our customers first. Anticipating their needs before they arise, you will be able to go beyond standard market research to predict where the market is trending and where future opportunities lie.
By applying to this role, you'll be considered for all Outbound Product Manager roles across all Google Cloud Product Areas.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $208,000-$306,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Be a trusted advisor for customers; build and maintain excellent customer relationships. Gather customer insights and feedback, and infuse the learning back into the organization and product area roadmap, ensuring effective product launches and differentiated features.
- Work collaboratively with Marketing, Sales, Product, and/or Engineering teams to support expansion of partner and/or customer business. Identify technology-driven strategies for customers and/or partner success and operational efficiency.
- Lead alignment across sales, product management, engineering and product marketing functions to deliver solutions for the customer. Provide our direct and online sales functions with the tools and insights required for success.
- Create product demos and presentations for prospective customers.
- Be responsible for all Go-to-Market coordination.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?