Senior Product Manager, Core Machine Learning
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Sunnyvale, CA, USA; Kirkland, WA, USA.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- 8 years of experience in product management, consulting, co-founder or related technical role
- 3 years of experience building and shipping technical products
- Experience in AI/ML platform Product Management with focus on at-scale training
- Master's degree or PhD in Technology or Business related field
- 7 years of experience in product management working cross-functionally with engineering, UX/UI, sales finance, and other stakeholders
- Experience building and managing an AI platform built on hardware accelerators
- An understanding of cloud services - compute, storage, accelerated computing
- Experience with AI platform software and hardware ecosystem in one or more: multi-chip, multi-pod training, Deep Learning Frameworks, Compilers, Large Language Models, Generative AI, Cloud, GPUs/TPU
About the job
Large-scale AI is driven by Accelerated computing as a foundation and is at the very center of Large Language Models (LLM) and Generative AI. As the Senior Product Manager in Google's Core Machine Learning (Core ML) organization, you will play a central role in shaping the outcome for ML acceleration, engaging third-party users, collaborators, and building the future platform for how large-scale AI is developed.
The Core team builds the technical foundation behind Google’s flagship products. We are owners and advocates for the underlying design elements, developer platforms, product components, and infrastructure at Google. These are the essential building blocks for excellent, safe, and coherent experiences for our users and drive the pace of innovation for every developer. We look across Google’s products to build central solutions, break down technical barriers and strengthen existing systems. As the Core team, we have a mandate and a unique opportunity to impact important technical decisions across the company.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $164,000-$252,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Understand the end-to-end user journey across our internal and external customers, mapping pain points, distilling user requirements, and product feedback into long-term strategic roadmaps, identifying valuable product features and building trust with customers.
- Understand the user journey and build a trusted relationship with the customer. Partner with engineering leaders within Core ML who will rely on you to help guide feature prioritization, identify customer impact, and communicate our long-term roadmap to partners.
- Develop a deep technical understanding of ML infrastructure within Core ML and across Google's product areas, while keeping a pulse on market dynamics to learn from best practices in the industry.
- Collaborate with a large group of product managers and engineers and a diverse portfolio of ML infrastructure, developing the charter to lead the team to deliver well lit paths for customers.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?