Group Outbound Product Manager, Google Cloud
Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote and in-office roles. By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:
In-office locations: Kirkland, WA, USA; Seattle, WA, USA; Sunnyvale, CA, USA.
Remote location(s): California, USA.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience in outbound product management, consulting, co-founder or related technical role.
- 5 years of experience building and shipping technical products.
- Experience bringing tech products to market.
- Experience bringing innovative, industry-leading, category-defining tech products to market.
- Experience operating in an entrepreneurial environment and scaling new and emerging products from the ground-up.
- Experience translating commercial business models/needs into technical solutions.
- Experience working with executive level internal and external clients/partners, acting as representative of a company.
- Experience influencing cross-functional decisions involving competing stakeholders.
- Ability to work cross-functionally, partnering with groups such as Sales, Engineering, Product Management, Product Marketing, UX, and UI, brokering trade-offs with stakeholders, and understanding their needs.
About the job
At Google, we put our users first. The world is always changing, so we need Product Managers who are continuously adapting and excited to work on products that affect millions of people every day.
In this role, you will work cross-functionally to guide products from conception to launch by connecting the technical and business worlds. You can break down complex problems into steps that drive product development.
One of the many reasons Google consistently brings innovative, world-changing products to market is because of the collaborative work we do in Product Management. Our team works closely with creative engineers, designers, marketers, etc. to help design and develop technologies that improve access to the world's information. We're responsible for guiding products throughout the execution cycle, focusing specifically on analyzing, positioning, packaging, promoting, and tailoring our solutions to our users.
The Outbound Product Management team is responsible for driving growth of the Data and Analytics business. We cover a broad portfolio of Google Cloud services, including BigQuery, Dataflow, Dataproc, Looker, Data Studio, PubSub, Composer, Data Fusion, Catalog, Dataform, Dataprep, Dataplex, etc. We aim to improve our business and product offerings across our data cloud and beyond.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $208,000-$306,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Serve as a trusted advisor for large/strategic customers. Build and maintain excellent customer relationships. Gather customer insights and feedback, and infuse the learning back into the organization and product area roadmap, ensuring effective product launches and differentiated features.
- Work collaboratively with Marketing, Sales, Product, and/or Engineering teams to support expansion of partner and/or customer business. Identify technology-driven strategies for customers and/or partner success and operational efficiency.
- Drive alignment across Sales, Product Management, Engineering, and Product Marketing functions to deliver solutions for the customer. Provide our direct and online sales functions with the tools and insights required for success.
- Create product demos and presentations for prospective customers.
- Be responsible for Go-to-Market coordination.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?