Group Product Manager, Google Workspace
This role may also be located in our Playa Vista, CA campus.
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: New York, NY, USA; Kirkland, WA, USA; San Francisco, CA, USA; Sunnyvale, CA, USA; Los Angeles, CA, USA.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 12 years of experience in product management, co-founder or related technical role.
- 3 years of experience building and shipping technical products.
- Experience driving product direction, go-to-market strategy, and design with data-driven decisions.
- Master’s degree or PhD in a technology or business related field.
- Experience managing day-to-day technical and design direction, launching successful app products in the market, and developing products with an understanding of current cloud technologies and services.
- Experience with complex product/outbound customer work.
- Ability to collaborate, solve ambiguous problems, and think innovatively.
- Excellent communication, technical, and organizational skills.
About the job
At Google, we put our users first. The world is always changing, so we need Product Managers who are continuously adapting and excited to work on products that affect millions of people every day.
In this role, you will work cross-functionally to guide products from conception to launch by connecting the technical and business worlds. You can break down complex problems into steps that drive product development.
One of the many reasons Google consistently brings innovative, world-changing products to market is because of the collaborative work we do in Product Management. Our team works closely with creative engineers, designers, marketers, etc. to help design and develop technologies that improve access to the world's information. We're responsible for guiding products throughout the execution cycle, focusing specifically on analyzing, positioning, packaging, promoting, and tailoring our solutions to our users.
The mission of the Google Workspace team is to deliver flexible, innovative solutions for people and organizations to achieve more. As a Google Workspace Group Product Manager, you will drive product strategy and set product priorities. You will partner closely with Engineering and cross-functional teams to define and deliver on cloud services.
The web is what you make of it and our team is helping the world make more of the web. From open-source pros to user-experience extraordinaires, we develop products that help users connect, communicate and collaborate with others. Our consumer products and cloud platforms are giving millions of users at homes, businesses, universities and nonprofits around the world the tools that shape their web experience -- and changing the way they think about computing.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $208,000-$306,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Understand the cloud ecosystem, markets, competition, and user requirements in-depth.
- Launch new products and features, test their performance, and iterate quickly.
- Collaborate with engineering, marketing, legal, UX, and other teams on cutting-edge technologies.
- Develop innovative solutions to complex problems by collaborating as needed across regions, product areas, and functions.
- Define, identify, collect, and track appropriate product or business metrics. Create product requirements, co-lead product design and development, and own product roadmaps.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?