Product Manager, Pixel Connectivity
Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote and in-office roles. By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:
In-office locations: Mountain View, CA, USA; Los Angeles, CA, USA; Seattle, WA, USA; San Francisco, CA, USA.
Remote location(s): California, USA; Oregon, USA; Washington, USA.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of experience in product management, consulting, co-founder or related technical role.
- 2 years of experience building and shipping technical products.
- Experience with wireless technologies and services.
- Experience developing consumer hardware products.
- Experience with software communication products.
- Experience with device software, operating systems, silicon, 4G/5G communication protocols, and other foundational blocks of the stack.
- Experience inventing innovative and user-friendly products, with excellent user experience intuition.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
About the job
At Google, we put our users first. The world is always changing, so we need Product Managers who are continuously adapting and excited to work on products that affect millions of people every day.
In this role, you will work cross-functionally to guide products from conception to launch by connecting the technical and business worlds. You can break down complex problems into steps that drive product development.
One of the many reasons Google consistently brings innovative, world-changing products to market is because of the collaborative work we do in Product Management. Our team works closely with creative engineers, designers, marketers, etc. to help design and develop technologies that improve access to the world's information. We're responsible for guiding products throughout the execution cycle, focusing specifically on analyzing, positioning, packaging, promoting, and tailoring our solutions to our users.
As a Product Manager for Pixel Connectivity, you will work closely with Engineers and Designers to lead our multi-year strategy and guide products from conception to launch. You will lead connectivity experiences end-to-end, year-over-year. You will craft our user-facing narrative and work with Marketing and Communications teams to share it with the world. You will ensure that users have the highest quality interaction experience possible on their Pixel devices.
The Google Pixel team focuses on designing and delivering the world's most helpful mobile experience. The team works on shaping the future of Pixel devices and services through some of the most advanced designs, techniques, products, and experiences in consumer electronics. This includes bringing together the best of Google’s artificial intelligence, software, and hardware to build global smartphones and create transformative experiences for users across the world.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $139,000-$208,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Develop the strategy and roadmap for telephony, 5G, IMS, eSim, and cross-device calling for Pixel. Work with OEMs/SoC vendors, Carriers, and all different form factors and use cases up and down the entire connectivity stack.
- Establish a direction and prioritize features for our multi-year Connectivity roadmap. Collaborate with experts to identify opportunities for Pixel features.
- Build on Pixel’s investments in custom silicon and ambient computing to explore new technologies and develop the next generation of mobile experiences, from whiteboard to prototype to product.
- Guide Pixel’s feature teams to design, develop, and land user experiences with quality at the forefront. Be the go-to leader when executives, Legal, Policy, PR/Marketing, and partner teams have connectivity questions and proposals.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?