Product Manager, Silicon SoC
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Mountain View, CA, USA; Irvine, CA, USA; San Diego, CA, USA.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Math, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- 8 years of experience in product management, consulting, co-founder or related technical role.
- 3 years of experience building and shipping technical products
- Experience in technical domain with chip design, semiconductors, SoCs, CPUs, and GPUs
- Master's degree or PhD in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- Experience defining and launching silicon products for data centers, cloud solutions, or consumer products
- Experience in Performance modeling, tracing, simulation methods, analysis, and tuning
- Understanding of tradeoffs between performance, power, and area in chip design
- Excellent communication skills in order to advocate initiatives internally, externally, and with executive management
About the job
At Google, we put our users first. The world is always changing, so we need Product Managers who are continuously adapting and excited to work on products that affect millions of people every day.
In this role, you will work cross-functionally to guide products from conception to launch by connecting the technical and business worlds. You can break down complex problems into steps that drive product development.
One of the many reasons Google consistently brings innovative, world-changing products to market is because of the collaborative work we do in Product Management. Our team works closely with creative engineers, designers, marketers, etc. to help design and develop technologies that improve access to the world's information. We're responsible for guiding products throughout the execution cycle, focusing specifically on analyzing, positioning, packaging, promoting, and tailoring our solutions to our users.
As a Product Manager, you will be a part of a team building out our Silicon initiative. Custom Silicon is a key differentiator for Google as well as other areas of pioneering research inside Google. In this role, you will have the opportunity to differentiate our products and establish Google as a key developer of high-performance Silicon products.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Devices & Services team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences for users. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, the Devices & Services team is making people's lives better through technology.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $164,000-$252,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Utilize Hardware, Software, and Machine Learning capabilities to create products.
- Ensure that Google’s Silicon products are in Google’s hardware portfolio.
- Create Silicon architectures.
- Be responsible for defining the overall Performance goals and strategy for our SoC product portfolio to build Competitive, Performant, and Power efficient solutions for our products.
- Work closely with various hardware and software teams to understand workload trends in the future especially our first-aprty applications, and help guide our IP and SoCs roadmap to surpass on those through hardware-software co-design opportunities.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?