Product Manager, Search
- Experience in Product Management, including with user-facing products.
- Experience creating product roadmaps from conception to launch, driving product direction, defining go-to-market strategy, and leading design discussions.
- Experience partnering with cross-functional teams/areas (e.g., Engineering, UX/Research, Data Science, Marketing, Partnerships).
- Understanding of and desire to meet the unique needs of African users.
- Passion for building high-quality, highly performant user experiences, and a commitment to product excellence.
- Excellent problem solving skills, with the ability to do in-depth search into data analysis.
- Excellent collaborator and innovative thinker who succeeds in ambiguity.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
About the job
At Google, we put our users first. The world is always changing, so we need Product Managers who are continuously adapting and excited to work on products that affect millions of people every day.
In this role, you will work cross-functionally to guide products from conception to launch by connecting the technical and business worlds. You can break down complex problems into steps that drive product development.
One of the many reasons Google consistently brings innovative, world-changing products to market is because of the collaborative work we do in Product Management. Our team works closely with creative engineers, designers, marketers, etc. to help design and develop technologies that improve access to the world's information. We're responsible for guiding products throughout the execution cycle, focusing specifically on analyzing, positioning, packaging, promoting, and tailoring our solutions to our users.
In this role, you will help shape the Africa Search strategy, working with the General Manager and Engineering Lead to set the product direction, define the product roadmap and success metrics, and work with cross-functional and organizational teams to deliver on the strategy and roadmap to meet Africa users’ information needs.
In Google Search, we're reimagining what it means to search for information – any way and anywhere. To do that, we need to solve complex engineering challenges and expand our infrastructure, while maintaining a universally accessible and useful experience that people around the world rely on. In joining the Search team, you'll have an opportunity to make an impact on billions of people globally.
- Understand local user needs and work with Engineering, User Experience, and business partners to translate those insights into products and features.
- Work with cross-functional team to design and build products and features, and measure their performance.
- Perform data analysis to understand product performance and get insights to inform product strategy and business decisions.
- Be scrappy and resourceful in rallying and influencing teammates, and internal and external partners to align on a common direction and delivering on that direction.
- Work with full-stack technology (i.e., front-end and infrastructure/platform, and emerging technologies like Machine Learning and AI).
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?