Senior Product Manager II, Security & IAM
Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
DigitalOcean (NYSE: DOCN) simplifies cloud computing so builders can spend more time creating software that changes the world. With our mission-critical infrastructure and fully managed offerings, DigitalOcean enables startups and small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) to rapidly deploy and scale modern applications. As a remote-first organization, our employees, like our customers, are based around the world.
We are looking for a technically proficient Product Manager to lead Identity and Access Management (IAM) and Role-Based Access Control(BRAC) development at DigitalOcean.
We expect candidates to have a deep understanding of IAM technologies and cloud-based systems, ideally with experience in the cybersecurity sector. As an IAM/RBAC PM you will play a critical role in serving the existing customers’ needs along with creating integration tools and services such as SSO, 2FA, etc. You will guide a few product strategies, define the team’s roadmap, and work closely with cross-functional teams to implement product initiatives, from conception to execution.
This role is at the heart of our company, interacting with stakeholders across various departments, including engineering, design, and sales, as well as external partners and customers. The successful candidate will be You will be expected to monitor and measure product performance, constantly looking for ways to innovate and improve.
If you're a self-starter with an analytical mindset, excellent communication skills, and a passion for solving complex problems, we'd love to hear from you. Join us in shaping the future of cloud computing and cybersecurity at DigitalOcean.What You’ll Be Doing:
- Own and manage the end-to-end lifecycle of the IAM/RBAC products and features, from conception to launch and beyond.
- Drive product roadmaps in collaboration with stakeholders, balancing both business and technical requirements.
- Translate business requirements into technical specifications and project plans, working closely with various cross-functional teams including developers, engineers, and UX/UI designers.
- Define KPIs to measure success of the IAM/RBAC products, monitor performance, and develop strategies for continuous improvement.
- Act as the subject matter expert (SME), staying informed about industry trends, competitive landscape, and regulatory changes.
- Engage with customers, sales teams, and other external stakeholders to gather insights, identify product opportunities, and ensure products are meeting customer needs.
- Ensure the products comply with the highest level of security standards and privacy regulations.
- Coordinate with support and training teams to develop user manuals, FAQ’s, and other customer-facing materials.
- Technical Acumen: Proficiency in understanding and communicating complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Communication Skills: Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to influence and engage stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Customer-Centric: Strong customer orientation, with the ability to develop and understand customer needs and translate them into viable products.
- Problem-Solving: Demonstrated capacity to think creatively and strategically to solve complex problems and make decisions.
- Leadership: Strong leadership and team management skills, with a proven ability to drive cross-functional teams and projects.
- Organizational Skills: Excellent organizational and time management skills, able to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in IAM, security, or related technical fields.
- Proven experience in product management, including product lifecycle management and roadmap planning.
- Deep understanding of IAM/RBAC technologies, cloud-based systems, and cybersecurity principles.
- Knowledge of common IAM protocols and standards (e.g., SAML, OAuth, OpenID Connect, SCIM).
- Prior experience working with Agile development methodologies.
- Familiarity with cloud hosting and virtualization technologies.
- 5+ years of experience in IAM, security, or related technical fields.
- Professional certifications like CISSP, CISM, CISA, or relevant product management certifications would be advantageous.
- Past success in shaping highly scalable software products with an eye on ease-of-use.
- MBA is a plus.
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We reward our employees. The base salary range for this position is based on relevant years of experience and skills. The salary range for this role is specific to candidates located within the U.S. and will vary for candidates outside the U.S.. Employees may qualify for a bonus in addition to base salary; bonus amounts are determined based on company and individual performance. We also provide equity compensation to eligible employees including grants of equity upon hire and the option to participate in our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging our teams and employees to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship and other internal programs. We provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your well-being. In addition to cash and equity compensation, we also offer employees a competitive array of benefits. In the United States, these include health insurance, unlimited vacation, retirement benefits, a generous parental leave program, and additional resources to support employees' overall well-being. While the philosophy around our benefits is the same worldwide, specific benefits may vary in other countries due to local regulations and preferences.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
*This is a remote role